What's new

๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ธ ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡น SOTD - โ€œEuropeanโ€ Theme Week - October 7th to 13th, 2024 ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ธ ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ฌ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, B&Bers!

This weekโ€™s SOTD Theme is โ€œEuropeโ€!

I have travelled to Europe 3x in my life and all 3 trips were in the last couple of years. To say I love and miss Europe is an understatement! The food, the people, the history... and the shaving gear! I canโ€™t wait to go back in the fall!

We want to see your soaps, razors, aftershaves, fragrances, scuttles, blades and any other shaving accessories made in Europe. Show us your Italian shaving soaps, Portuguese brushes, Greek BIC blades and razors/aftershaves/colognes made in Europe! Do you love Areffa shaving soaps from Ukraine as much as I do? Show us a pic. Do you love your made in Portugal Tatara razor? English soaps from the High Street shops? We want to see!

Do you have an Icelandic shaving soap? A shaving brush made in Luxembourg? A Romanian made straight razor? Please show us! Europe is huge and diverse, so most of you should own SOME gear from this part of the globe!

Nothing European? Please still post a pic of your usual shaving setups. Or post pics of your usual SOTD or just tell us all about it. Letโ€™s see lots of themed posts this week! Do you want to tell us about a recent European vacation of share some non-shaving related images? Perfect! Is your favourite song The Final Countdown by Europe? Thatโ€™s super weird, but cool too!

As always, the weekly themes are just a suggestion, but being creative and having fun IS mandatory. We encourage you to post or shoot photos of your Shave Gear of the Day regardless of the theme.

Letโ€™s see your European shaving gear!

1707672529328.jpeg

1707672559082.png

1707672693595.jpeg

1707672737095.png

1707672590871.jpeg
ย 

Menthol Monday SOTD
20241006_125415.jpg

Razor: 1958 Gillette Super Speed T.V. Special
Blade: Super Iridium (D1)
Brush: Omega EVO Synthetic 28mm
Bowl: Olivewood 5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Iced Cube 2.0
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Eucalyptus & Spearmint
Shave Cream: Taconic Eucalyptus Mint Iced (Koolada)
Balm: Nancy Boy Cooling
Aftershave: Moon Soaps Astoria
โ€‹
ย 
IMG_4726.JPG

Razor: Gillette Super 109
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ท
Brush: Omega S-Brush S10019 ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น
Preshave: Proraso White ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น
Soap: Proraso White ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น
Alum: Nice Cool
Aftershave: Tabac ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช

Damn fine shave today, almost BBS, and no irritation. Felt a little braver and bumped the Super 109 to 4, definitely got a closer result, might even try it a click higher next time.
Accidentally mostly EU shave, Proraso, Omega and BIC are pretty standard in my rotation. I didn't know the theme when I had a shave so there was an American and Indian guests.
ย 

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_4905.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Omega 10777 Boar.
2) Germany: Shaving Soap Tallow Tabac.
3) England: Razor Gillette Flat Bottom Tech.
4) Greece: Razor Blade BIC Chrome Platinum.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Nautica Classic.
ย 
A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Cera Ve Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Razor Rock Classic
Brush
Paladin PK 47
Bowl
Captains Choice Copper
Razor
Henson AL 13+++
Blade
Polsilver Super Iridium
Aftershave
Thayers WH & TOBS ASB
Fragrance
Jimmy Choo Man Intense
Rating
10/10
Comments
With all the rain we are experiencing and are expecting, I may have to build an ark! If I have to make a shave kit to take on the ark the Henson AL13+++ may be the razor I will take. This is my third consecutive shave using the Henson razor and PolSilver Super Iridium blade. This combination is perfect. This razor has risen to the top three razors I like. I couldnโ€™t ask for a better shave. The brush I used today is the first Paladin brush I acquired. I liked this brush so much I now have several in my rotation. It was a perfect BBS shave with no touch-ups. Have a great day, folks.
ย 
Monday 10/7 Shave
OCtober/OBtober Day 7
Open Blade/Open Comb

Second shave with the Weck Open Blade
Much better today
Smooth & Effective Shave
Finished with the KARVE OC-G

Razor: Weck Hair Shaper Stainless
Blade: Annie Hair Shaper Blade (2X)
Lather: Proraso White Cream
Brush: AP ShaveCo 24mm Pure Bliss Knot
Post Shave: Osage Rub Splash

Post Shave: Goodfella's Smile Royal Lime

IMG_1411.jpeg
ย 
Shave of the Night
10/07/2024
Ukraine - A Shave for Solidarity
1728313227999.png
โ€‹

PreShave: Shower; 3P Crema
Razor: Smart Helix Apollo Light (made in Ukraine) with an Alpha Super Leggero Carbon Fiber handle from Alpha Shaving Works.
Blade: Wilkinson Sword
Soap: Phantom of Kyty (Kiev) from Areffa Saop (Ukraine)
  • Initial note: hazelnut, lemon, orange, lime
  • Heart note: cedar, clove, rose, lily of the valley
  • Final note: oak, pine, patchouli, eucalyptus
Brush: Rudy Vey 7,000 year Ukrainian Salt Bog Oak with Shavemac silvertip
Bowel: Granite
AS: Phantom of Kyty (Kiev) from Areffa Saop (Ukraine)

The rich lather of the Phantom of Kyiv soap swirled in the unyielding, like the will of the Ukrainian people, granite bowl; its delightful scent was a stark contrast to the grim images flashing across my phone screen. A wave of anger washed over me as I watched another news report detailing the atrocities unfolding in Ukraine.

Tonight's shave wasn't just about grooming; it was a ritual, a way to connect with and express my unwavering support for the Ukrainian people. My Ukrainian-made Smart Helix Apollo razor felt powerful in my hand, symbolizing the country's resilience and strength.

As I drew the blade across my face, the cool steel sent a shiver down my spine. I thought of the brave Ukrainian soldiers on the front lines, fighting for their freedom and the future of their nation. I imagined the fear and uncertainty they must be facing, yet their courage and determination shone through.

With its Silvertip knot, the Rudy Vey 7,000-year Ukrainian Salt Bog Oak brush felt like a talisman in my hand. Each stroke was a prayer for peace, a wish for the conflict to end, and for the Ukrainian people to find solace and healing.

The background picture on my phone, depicting a Ukrainian peasant girl in traditional dress standing defiantly in a field of sunflowers with two Ukrainian soldiers guarding her, served as a constant reminder of the beauty and spirit of the Ukrainian people. Their unwavering love for their land and their unwavering commitment to their culture inspired me.

As I finished the shave, my face felt smooth and refreshed, but the weight in my heart remained. I knew that my actions, however small, were a way of showing solidarity with the Ukrainian people. I would continue to shave with my Ukrainian tools, wear my Ukrainian flag pin, and speak out against the injustice they were facing.

This wasn't just a shave but an act of defiance, a testament to the human spirit's ability to overcome even the most daunting challenges. And it promised the Ukrainian people that they were not alone, that their struggle was our struggle, and that we would stand with them until they were free.

shutterstock_2527054601_inPixio.jpg
ย 

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday, October 7th 2024

Razor : MicroMatic Clog Pruf Peerless variant (17 nib safety bar), Mfg 1945, mid range. I always get some decent shaves with this razor + one of my favorites of 3 Micromatic main variants. Had a close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (7) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
Soap : Ach Brito Lavanda cream, very nice bright lavender + excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Chianti's" 24mm Synthetic knot. Excellent lather generator, luxury cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Overall great brush to hold and apply lather for my shave needs.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Ach Brito Lavanda aftershave cologne :001_wub: with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Micromatic clog pruf with a coated Gem blade.
SOTD October 7 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!
ย 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom