What's new

Socks ... what are you wearing

Black ones I got at Sam's Club.
I think they were 12 for a penny or something like that.:tongue_sm
but hey, they keep my feet warm.

it would be nice to have the cushion and comfort attributes of a great "work/sport" sock rolled into a nice dress sock in different colors. Especially for those of us who are on thier feet while wearing dress shoes and clothes.

Not a thin style, but not a heavy winter weight either.

Preferably for me, I would prefer a OTC style.

Any ides on this one? :thumbup:

it would be nice to have the cushion and comfort attributes of a great "work/sport" sock rolled into a nice dress sock in different colors. Especially for those of us who are on thier feet while wearing dress shoes and clothes.

Not a thin style, but not a heavy winter weight either.

Preferably for me, I would prefer a OTC style.

Any ides on this one? :thumbup:

Not certain what your OTC options are, but I found these locally.

https://www.smartwool.com/default.cfm#/Mens/Socks/LifestyleSocks/_/797/

The only part of the sock showing will be the dark primary color, unless your pants are too short :laugh:. Not thin / not thick / cushiony.

This being Sunday, I tried to take the high rode, but I have to ask. How do you know what panty hose feel like? :)

I should have known that was coming.....

I've tried on a couple of pairs of shoes with the thin panty hose type throwaway socks that some shoe stores have for customers not wearing socks. I always wear sandals in the summer, so I've been stuck using those if I stumble across a pair of shoes I like.

I've gotten sport socks, used mainly for joggers and runners. Extra thick on the bottom was nice when I was on my feet all day in steel-toed boots

Costco dress socks-most recently gold toe. For some reason while I enjoy good clothes and shoes, I just can see why I should spend more on socks-these are comfortable and wear well. Same is true for Kirkland underwear. My only "good socks" were gifts from my wife and seem to wear out fast!

I go through periods where I'm very picky about my athletic socks, and others where I don't care. This year, Wilson low cuts - thin on top, padded on bottom - that I picked up at the TJX stores throughout the spring ($6 for three pair). For work (mostly chinos or dress shirts) I just have a huge variety I've picked up over the years - a lot of Dockers and Bass casual.

But in the summer I mostly wear the socks god gave me covered in a pair of Keen Daytonas.

Top Bottom