Kai Captain Titan P!nk Mild (3)
Damp facecloth aka “shave binky”
AP ShaveCo Beehive Titanium UHD 28mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: lukewarm shower :001_wub: and a few minutes of warm waterboarding
Lather: Canada Shaving Soap, bloomed and bowl-lathered
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky and a drop of hyaluronic acid
Post-shave: Equate moisturizer

Did the “lightning” of a smooth, gliding neutral angle shave strike twice? Yep. Was it closer on most of my face? Also yep. Did I not everywhere as close as intended, but still close enough-ish? Also, also yep. Took too long, but it wasn’t harsh. Was one pass plus touch ups instead of two passes plus touch ups.

Got my hundred pairs of sumō/shiko leg lifts and hundred pairs of on all fours leg lifts in the books as part of my hour of idiotically swaying. Tried all tofu instead of including meats and cheeses for my protein source. Felt like I overdid undereating, but didn’t rub a styptic pencil in my eye to “feel something” before bed, so sort of worked. Already had animal products for breakfast this morning.

Happy shaves, everyone!

Happy shaves, everyone!

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
SEptember

Last night’s quasi-hovering shave
RazoRock Hawk V3OC
Kai Captain Titan P!nk Mild (1)
AP ShaveCo Dinosaur G5C 28mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: brushed water on whiskers
Lather: Canada Shaving Soap, face-lathered
Post-shave: lukewarm shower :001_wub: and a drop of hyaluronic acid

“Stupid” has never left my repertoire, but I felt some nostalgia for “keep it simple.” Brushed some water on my whiskers, lathered, and positioned the razor so it was just a little shallower than neutral so the cap could help smooth out some surfaces without the need for manual skin stretching. Got to feel around keep the shave smooth as possible without too many stragglers left over. Next shave will show if doing so pwn’d the edge. Enjoying the Kai/RazoRock combo more than I remembered.

No swaying or sumō-ing about yesterday. But what’s a more wild way to kick off the weekend than inhaling tofu and doing calisthenics?

Happy shaves, everyone!

SEptember

Last night’s quasi-hovering shave
RazoRock Hawk V3OC
Kai Captain Titan P!nk Mild (1)
AP ShaveCo Dinosaur G5C 28mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: brushed water on whiskers
Lather: Canada Shaving Soap, face-lathered
Post-shave: lukewarm shower :001_wub: and a drop of hyaluronic acid

“Stupid” has never left my repertoire, but I felt some nostalgia for “keep it simple.” Brushed some water on my whiskers, lathered, and positioned the razor so it was just a little shallower than neutral so the cap could help smooth out some surfaces without the need for manual skin stretching. Got to feel around keep the shave smooth as possible without too many stragglers left over. Next shave will show if doing so pwn’d the edge. Enjoying the Kai/RazoRock combo more than I remembered.

No swaying or sumō-ing about yesterday. But what’s a more wild way to kick off the weekend than inhaling tofu and doing calisthenics?

Happy shaves, everyone!
I still have three packs of AC blades somewhere, One of the KAI you are using, and two Protouch that I liked better with my proclivity to go a few days without shaving. The KAI progaurds just got clogged up. I no longer need them though as I have sold both my V3OC which I bought trying to be cool like you, and my X1 got sold yesterday. I will find my AC blades at some point. You know I think I even have some Feather Pro Supers. Oh well. I will PIF them if I ever find them as they are too costly in my eyes to throw away.

thombrogan

If you end up with a barber razor; like a Feather or clone; you’re all set.

My use of this chit in safety razors is my commitment to the bit. I can’t manage to get my all time best shaver to give me some all time best shaves (the Travel Raptor SE would shave well below the skin surface and post-shave was unlike I ever had stubble or used a razor last year) and that mild Henson has been filling the role with much less expensive blades.

If you end up with a barber razor; like a Feather or clone; you’re all set.

My use of this chit in safety razors is my commitment to the bit. I can’t manage to get my all time best shaver to give me some all time best shaves (the Travel Raptor SE would shave well below the skin surface and post-shave was unlike I ever had stubble or used a razor last year) and that mild Henson has been filling the role with much less expensive blades.
After my recent success with the Bullet Tip I am considering a shield GEM razor. I figure two format safety razors is enough. I struggle enough without complicating matters with any kind of straight/AC/DE/barber razors. This recent sale on the BST has gone well. I thought I was going to have to PIF the Timeless Bronze, but, it sold even if at one heck of a loss. AT this point I have sold four razors and am considering bringing in three. The aluminum Guerilla, The Sheild GEM, and a Timeless ss scl head, and, maybe an OC plate.

The aluminum Guerilla, The Sheild GEM, and a Timeless ss scl head, and, maybe an OC plate.
Great choices that will cover all bases.
I'd say that those razors would probably make anything else obsolete or redundant for most people. Everything else is just RAD!
I'm at 3 formats (DE, GEM & Injectors occasionally). I gave up on AC all together due to the super wide head which I never warmed up to.

Great choices that will cover all bases.
I'd say that those razors would probably make anything else obsolete or redundant for most people. Everything else is just RAD!
I'm at 3 formats (DE, GEM & Injectors occasionally). I gave up on AC all together due to the super wide head which I never warmed up to.
I had the same problem with AC razors. I have an I3 hydromagic and I think I still have an E3 somewhere. I have only shaved with them a few times and got irritation. I set them aside and I think I sold a G-something. I have some chics somewhere and will try again once I have had a chance to properly go through my hoard.

Yeah NOW you do... but back in the day you had to search, find and attempt to purchase without attracting any legal attention.
Indiana is still not legal, but, Indianapolis where I live up to an OZ of flower or 5 grams of concentrate is decriminalized. Illinois is closer, but, Michigan is cheaper and I get a very nice veterans discount. Usually takes 100 of my final price. I tip well.

Indiana is still not legal, but, Indianapolis where I live up to an OZ of flower or 5 grams of concentrate is decriminalized. Illinois is closer, but, Michigan is cheaper and I get a very nice veterans discount. Usually takes 100 of my final price. I tip well.
Also my dad was friends with a big time grower so I never had to search.
He owned a pizza place and folded boxes for benefits.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Lawn chicanery!

Today was the day to change the oil and the filters on the mower and take the 200 square feet of over 1 foot high grass.

Got some things set up for the mower and remembered having this amenity on the side of the engine:
View attachment 1884378
Don’t have to hold a special draining plug against the side of engine all day like I used to, so this was a welcome bit of alright.

Still had to hold the draining tube down. Orders of magnitude less annoying, but the struggle is vividly pretended.
View attachment 1884379
Somehow didn’t succumb to fatigue.

Before changing the oil filter and refilling the engine, Wifey had done some weeding and showed a little froggy to me:
View attachment 1884377

After enjoying amphibian antics, it was time to trim branches with the clomper. Near one of the trees, I met a new friend:
View attachment 1884380
Its name is “zOMG! Nope! NOPE!”

Then it was time to add oil and mow the lawn. The hot spell reduced my workload, but clover is remarkably heat and drought tolerant. Has been my favorite grass since I was a child and I still like it now.

I love your oil drain setup, thats the kind that many lawn tractors come with. Just don't forget, when you get towards the end of draining, tilt the mower to that side, to get a little more out out of the oil sump. ;)

I guess this is a good place as any, to post some photo's I took, of an elderly ladies brand new Stihl MRA 460V battery powered mower that she bought. Unlike the cheapo battery mowers that she's bought in the past, that were pieces of junk, this new mower appears to be first class!

* Self propel adjustable speed drive
* All metal cutting deck construction
* Single deck height selector lever
* Bag/Side Discharge/Mulch
* Foam grip on handle

full

full

full

full

Even though I personally use gas powered mowers, since I am mowing many yards per week, and I don't need the range anxiety, I have got to say, this is a really nice mower! But I am not against battery powered equipment folks, I do use a battery powered Makita string trimmer, and I also have a battery powered Milwaukee hedge trimmer. And to be honest, if I suddenly stopped mowing other people's yards as a side hustle, and only was mowing my yard, I think I would switch to battery too, and buy this mower you see in this pics. I approve of her purchase, and this should last the rest of her life. 😍

thombrogan

Just don't forget, when you get towards the end of draining, tilt the mower to that side, to get a little more out out of the oil sump.

I park on the side of a hill to help make that easier.

Would love to replace my rider with an electric push mower. The Ryobi 80v would tempt me, but the $2,000 price tag scares me away. A 485V Stihl is beyond my comprehension.

I love your oil drain setup, thats the kind that many lawn tractors come with. Just don't forget, when you get towards the end of draining, tilt the mower to that side, to get a little more out out of the oil sump. ;)

I guess this is a good place as any, to post some photo's I took, of an elderly ladies brand new Stihl MRA 460V battery powered mower that she bought. Unlike the cheapo battery mowers that she's bought in the past, that were pieces of junk, this new mower appears to be first class!

* Self propel adjustable speed drive
* All metal cutting deck construction
* Single deck height selector lever
* Bag/Side Discharge/Mulch
* Foam grip on handle

full

full

full

full

Even though I personally use gas powered mowers, since I am mowing many yards per week, and I don't need the range anxiety, I have got to say, this is a really nice mower! But I am not against battery powered equipment folks, I do use a battery powered Makita string trimmer, and I also have a battery powered Milwaukee hedge trimmer. And to be honest, if I suddenly stopped mowing other people's yards as a side hustle, and only was mowing my yard, I think I would switch to battery too, and buy this mower you see in this pics. I approve of her purchase, and this should last the rest of her life. 😍

I park on the side of a hill to help make that easier.

Would love to replace my rider with an electric push mower. The Ryobi 80v would tempt me, but the $2,000 price tag scares me away. A 485V Stihl is beyond my comprehension.

Let me say here that I plan to rent for the rest of my life so I don't have to mow or shovel snow ever again that is Stihl a fancy rig that lady has! See what I did there.

Top Bottom