Sharp Titanium (1)
Damp facecloth aka “shave binky
AP ShaveCo Dinosaur G5C 28mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: warm shower :001_wub:
Lather: ARKO!; face-lathered
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky and a drop of hyaluronic acid
Post-shave: Equate moisturizer

Faster, quicker, gentler shave. A little aftershave sting on left muttonchop area. Speed without accuracy reduced some closeness and made the shave a little longer, but still zippy. Expecting I‘ll do better on Fatip Friday shave.

Wee Babby is convalescing well and adhering to the doctor’s instructions better than I could. Wifey and I are helping them keep up on painkillers instead of trying to cowboy through the pain.

Happy shaves, everyone!

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Despite shaves that feel comfortable during and after, I’m noticing signature blotching on my neck in a pattern that matches the blade. Had a lot of sun recently.

Will hack away with slight adjustments and see if that helps.

thombrogan

HIGH INTENSITY SUMMAH

Fatip Friday

Tonight’s cap-riding, zippy shave
Fatip Grande
Sharp Titanium (1)
Pre-shave: profuse sweating and rain water – by Kiehl’s?
Aftershave: Aqua Velva
Post-shave: warm shower :001_wub: and a drop of hyaluronic acid

Did yard work until raining made me pack it in. Rinsed some of my filth away, rubbed on the ARKO!, had some brushy painty goodness, and it was go time. Flew through my main pas and tried WTG clean up and cleaned that up with more cap-riding ATG hijinks per usual. Did the Aqua Velva sting less because I did better or because it has less alcohol than my Ulm Nom? A question as old as time. Good shave, though.

Wifey got me some more Boldak noodles, but not for tonight.

Happy shaves, everyone!

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Got the lawn finished this morning and enjoyed a shower. Will have to do pre-shave stuff like a human grown-up tonight. 😨

I have mowed 5-yards this week with a push mower. One yard was as tall as a field, which required a discharge mowing, then raking the clippings up, and then re-mowing the yard again in mulch mode to catch whatever the mower missed first time.

I am so sore right now, my body hurts all over, and you know what, I am going to take the whole week off next week, I need to recuperate. Yeah I know, I wish, I still got machines to work on in my shop, but at least no more lawn mowing for a week.

I saw mention of Ego machine cutting off due to overheat. When I did my research, I chose Milwaukee M18 Fuel 24" for my hedge trimmer. And then I more recently bought the Makita 40V commercial string trimmer, the one with the direct drive motor.

You know that field tall yard I mowed today? I used the Makita string trimmer to hack it all down around the house and obstacles. The amount of power that thing has would really wow you, I didn't even need my gas machine at all. Guess what? It never overheats. The most I've done was work it too hard, and made it cut off for a second, and had to re-press the trigger, and I was back in action.

For electric the thing is a beast! But I can't afford an electric mower right now, so I am still using gas machines for those. And I gotta say, my gas mowers keep breaking down on me. Now, as a mechanic, I know how to fix this stuff, so thats not the issue. The issue I have, is they keep breaking.

The reality is, nothing is made like it used to be. And when your using more modern equipment, things breaking is just going to be the story of your life. I was forced to use my other mower, which has less horse power, to cut down foot tall grass.

My Husqvarna AWD mower is cool and all, but it really needs a larger engine on it. My Snapper mower is my most powerful machine, has an 8HP engine on it, suckers a beast. Unfortunately, the clutch spring on the drive engagement cable broke, which killed the self propel drive. I did order a new spring, but it won't be here till next month.

Just incase you folks didn't know, all of us in the industry is going through something known as the parts apocalypse. There are a lot of parts we can't get to fix machines. So its a miracle at all that I could order that clutch spring.

But yeah, I am totally into the electric equipment now. If I can sell my Stihl brushcutter, I want to use that money to fund my Makita 40V leaf blower purchase. I got a super nice Husqvarna 65cc commercial backpack leaf blower, has tons of power, but sucker weighs like 24 pounds on my back.

The only gas powered string trimmer I want to keep as a backup, is my 4-cycle Honda machine, its a pretty nice trimmer. But I am really enjoying my Makita 40V string trimmer, it weighs so much less then my other equipment, like 9.8 pounds with the battery attached!

Reducing the exhaust fumes ( which causes me headaches ) I have to inhale, reducing the gas costs, and reducing the noise, I absolutely love it. Plus that Makita saves my back, while it does come with a shoulder strap, I really don't need it, the machine is light enough.

Forget Ego, forget Echo, forget Stihl, go Makita, Japanese quality, you just can't beat it. I also love Milwaukee, all my battery powered shop tools are Milwaukee as well. People are surprised to see how my Milwaukee M18 Fuel 1/2 drive impact wrench, is able to remove semi truck lug nuts that are typically torqued beyond 100 foot pounds, that typically require those 3/4 drive 2-handed pneumatic impact wrenches to remove lol.

thombrogan

HIGH INTENSITY SUMMAH

Last night’s cap-riding, extremist shave
Fatip Grande
Sharp Titanium (1)
Pre-shave: face wash with ARKO! followed by a few minutes of waterboarding

I started shaving the right-hand side of my face at the sideburn and used my damp shave binky to help me stretch my skin as I moved in various segments as shallow, light, and ATG as could be. It was comfortable and fun, but the whiskers on my jawline persisted.

Then I remembered this technique and it was a right-place/right-time solution that gave me a very close and comfortable rest of my shave. I felt one of those photos of a snail safely traveling over a razor’s edge only ARKO! was substituting for glycosaminoglycan slime. Highly efficient.

If I play my cards right, an unsettling amount of hummus is mine tonight.

Happy shaves, everyone!

I have mowed 5-yards this week with a push mower. One yard was as tall as a field, which required a discharge mowing, then raking the clippings up, and then re-mowing the yard again in mulch mode to catch whatever the mower missed first time.

I am so sore right now, my body hurts all over, and you know what, I am going to take the whole week off next week, I need to recuperate. Yeah I know, I wish, I still got machines to work on in my shop, but at least no more lawn mowing for a week.

I saw mention of Ego machine cutting off due to overheat. When I did my research, I chose Milwaukee M18 Fuel 24" for my hedge trimmer. And then I more recently bought the Makita 40V commercial string trimmer, the one with the direct drive motor.

You know that field tall yard I mowed today? I used the Makita string trimmer to hack it all down around the house and obstacles. The amount of power that thing has would really wow you, I didn't even need my gas machine at all. Guess what? It never overheats. The most I've done was work it too hard, and made it cut off for a second, and had to re-press the trigger, and I was back in action.

For electric the thing is a beast! But I can't afford an electric mower right now, so I am still using gas machines for those. And I gotta say, my gas mowers keep breaking down on me. Now, as a mechanic, I know how to fix this stuff, so thats not the issue. The issue I have, is they keep breaking.

The reality is, nothing is made like it used to be. And when your using more modern equipment, things breaking is just going to be the story of your life. I was forced to use my other mower, which has less horse power, to cut down foot tall grass.

My Husqvarna AWD mower is cool and all, but it really needs a larger engine on it. My Snapper mower is my most powerful machine, has an 8HP engine on it, suckers a beast. Unfortunately, the clutch spring on the drive engagement cable broke, which killed the self propel drive. I did order a new spring, but it won't be here till next month.

Just incase you folks didn't know, all of us in the industry is going through something known as the parts apocalypse. There are a lot of parts we can't get to fix machines. So its a miracle at all that I could order that clutch spring.

But yeah, I am totally into the electric equipment now. If I can sell my Stihl brushcutter, I want to use that money to fund my Makita 40V leaf blower purchase. I got a super nice Husqvarna 65cc commercial backpack leaf blower, has tons of power, but sucker weighs like 24 pounds on my back.

The only gas powered string trimmer I want to keep as a backup, is my 4-cycle Honda machine, its a pretty nice trimmer. But I am really enjoying my Makita 40V string trimmer, it weighs so much less then my other equipment, like 9.8 pounds with the battery attached!

Reducing the exhaust fumes ( which causes me headaches ) I have to inhale, reducing the gas costs, and reducing the noise, I absolutely love it. Plus that Makita saves my back, while it does come with a shoulder strap, I really don't need it, the machine is light enough.

Forget Ego, forget Echo, forget Stihl, go Makita, Japanese quality, you just can't beat it. I also love Milwaukee, all my battery powered shop tools are Milwaukee as well. People are surprised to see how my Milwaukee M18 Fuel 1/2 drive impact wrench, is able to remove semi truck lug nuts that are typically torqued beyond 100 foot pounds, that typically require those 3/4 drive 2-handed pneumatic impact wrenches to remove lol.
There's some good info there. But since I live in a condo I won't be utilizing it anytime soon or ever. But to your point about the lasting qualities of modern tools and appliances I agree 100%. At one point I had in my house, a washer/dryer, fridge, stove and dishwasher that were ALL over 20 years old and still worked well. They eventually succumbed to age as does everything. But the replacement stuff...well lets say they were built with planned obsolescence in mind.

HIGH INTENSITY SUMMAH

Last night’s cap-riding, extremist shave
Fatip Grande
Sharp Titanium (1)
Pre-shave: face wash with ARKO! followed by a few minutes of waterboarding

I started shaving the right-hand side of my face at the sideburn and used my damp shave binky to help me stretch my skin as I moved in various segments as shallow, light, and ATG as could be. It was comfortable and fun, but the whiskers on my jawline persisted.

Then I remembered this technique and it was a right-place/right-time solution that gave me a very close and comfortable rest of my shave. I felt one of those photos of a snail safely traveling over a razor’s edge only ARKO! was substituting for glycosaminoglycan slime. Highly efficient.

If I play my cards right, an unsettling amount of hummus is mine tonight.

Happy shaves, everyone!
I use that technique every shave of mine on my neck with great success. It works great for me as well

Top Bottom