What's new

Skin Care Routine

Question on skin care routine sequence. Just curious, what order do you use for skin care? Shave, aftershave, moisturize? Or do you go Shave, moisturize, and then aftershave? I typically do the latter, as I like the finish of the fragrance, but am rethinking that maybe moisturizer should be last. Then what about with a balm? Does that become over moisturizing? Maybe split the face and only do balm on the cheeks and moisturizer on the eyes, nose and forehead on days you use a balm?

From a skin care point of view, always go from light to heavy. Splash and moisturizer or balm last.

It doesn’t make any sense putting a moisturizer on and then wiping everything away with alcohol.

But if that makes you happy, go for it. That’s what matters.

Question on skin care routine sequence. Just curious, what order do you use for skin care? Shave, aftershave, moisturize? Or do you go Shave, moisturize, and then aftershave? I typically do the latter, as I like the finish of the fragrance, but am rethinking that maybe moisturizer should be last. Then what about with a balm? Does that become over moisturizing? Maybe split the face and only do balm on the cheeks and moisturizer on the eyes, nose and forehead on days you use a balm?
I always go; pre-shave, shave, witch hazel/alum, aftershave and balm. I think post-shave the thinking is always 'thinner to thicker.' I don't always use balm at the end but I do often - I prefer odorless balms that don't conflict with the AS.

The words skincare and alcohol do not go together

Exfoliating wash (aha/bha), shave cream/gel, then peptide serum, retinol serum, topped off with snail mucin moisturizer. I shave at night.

In the morning vitamin c serum and snail mucin moisturizer.

There is nothing wrong with applying alcohol. It increases skin penetration of active ingredients. Just don't use it if it creates irritation.

Top Bottom