What's new

Simpson M7 or 59

What do you guys like more, the Simpson M7 or the 59? I want another Simpson brush for bowl lathering. The Captain 2 is too tall for the space that the brush needs to fit into… and it is, honestly, too new of a design.

This is not a need… just the desire for a new toy. I may wait until Black Friday deals.

Sir Edgelord, if you stick around here for a while, you'll learn the correct answer is "get both!"
But, TBCH, you won't go wrong with either!
Enjoy the journey!

simpson ivory brushes.jpg

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Not exactly what you asked but I have an M7 and a 58, both in Manchurian, and for me the M7 knot wins hands down, in fact I never use the 58 and will eventually move it on. I have owned four M7 brushes in Best and Manchurian and all have far exceeded the advertised 22mm knot size, my current example is 25mm; with a 50mm loft that makes for decent backbone, which I like but you may not. My 58 is advertised as having a 48mm loft but is closer to 53mm - many would describe it as 'luxurious', but for me it is floppy. I find the M7 much more densely packed than the 58 which also increases the backbone and makes the 58 seem lacking. Both handles are fine for face or bowl lathering but again the M7 is my preference. You might consider an M6 but it is quite a bit smaller than the M7.

Sir Edgelord, if you stick around here for a while, you'll learn the correct answer is "get both!"
But, TBCH, you won't go wrong with either!
Enjoy the journey!

View attachment 1868644
I have, going up in size, a Wee Scot, a Classic 1, a Duke 3, a Keyhole 4, and a Polo 8.

I wanted a longer bowl lathering brush between the Keyhole 4 and the Polo 8. So, long, but not as huge as a Polo.

Top Bottom