What's new

Seeking Recommendations for Natural Shave Creams

As a reformed "natural product" consumer of food and beauty products, such is no guarantee as to the goodness or effectiveness of a given product. Just because something is listed as "natural" doesn't mean it's good for your skin. When it comes to shaving substances, I say use whatever gives you the best shave with the least/zero irritation of the skin. Heck, I found that Schick's Skintimate and Gillette Satin Care shave gels , and even Barbasol Aloe to be the only shaving substances I've tried that either don't irritate my face or offer a sufficient glide and buffer.

As a reformed "natural product" consumer of food and beauty products, such is no guarantee as to the goodness or effectiveness of a given product. Just because something is listed as "natural" doesn't mean it's good for your skin. When it comes to shaving substances, I say use whatever gives you the best shave with the least/zero irritation of the skin. Heck, I found that Schick's Skintimate and Gillette Satin Care shave gels , and even Barbasol Aloe to be the only shaving substances I've tried that either don't irritate my face or offer a sufficient glide and buffer.
Additionally, I have found that quality control is often lacking with natural/organic products except for the high end ones or long standing and well-established brands. It's hard to even find good quality food these days, so if a particular brand is sourcing ingredients from a place that itself started out with bad raw materials (e.g. rancid nuts or oils), the end product will probably also not be all that great. I've bought natural body oils direct from the manufacturer site that smelled rancid and caused a skin reaction when used. That said, I still do prefer to stick with natural/clean brands, where clean means they would, e.g., pass screening from EWG (not every product I use is listed there).

Top Bottom