IMG_4786.jpeg
IMG_4788.jpeg
IMG_4790.jpeg
IMG_4792.jpeg
IMG_4794.jpeg
IMG_4796.jpeg
IMG_4798.jpeg
IMG_4800.jpeg

Mail call. Another eBay purchase. A Gillette Razor Case with an English made Star DE ball end razor. It feels quite light and it’s very dirty as you can see.The blade has been in it for quite some time. I have the USA made Star 100 DE razor which is a great razor. I don’t know much about these razors but I will learn some more.

View attachment 1920601View attachment 1920602View attachment 1920603View attachment 1920604View attachment 1920605View attachment 1920606View attachment 1920607View attachment 1920608
Mail call. Another eBay purchase. A Gillette Razor Case with an English made Star DE ball end razor. It feels quite light and it’s very dirty as you can see.The blade has been in it for quite some time. I have the USA made Star 100 DE razor which is a great razor. I don’t know much about these razors but I will learn some more.

I recently sent an American 100 to BRG for replating and Chris recommended I upgrade the pot metal cap to a Gillette Old Type cap. I thought it was interesting that they are interchangeable.

IMG_4691.JPG
IMG_4690.JPG
IMG_4677.jpg

While helping clean out our grandparents house, found two more safety razors. An English Ball End Tech and a 1970 (P4) Super 109 / Super Adjustable. Both cleaned up very well, the Tech is in great condition, mostly shiny with on a spot or two in the plating, the Super 109 has spotting on the plating but no brassing, so better condition than my Slim Adjustable, and as far as I can tell the blade gap is even enough, maybe a little more gap on one side but hard to tell by eye. I have claimed the Super 109, my brother has claimed the Tech (he enjoys his aluminium handle Tech which has the same head, so this is an upgrade in sturdiness). In my reasearch of advertisements in Australian newspapers, I never found any ads for the Super Adjustables, just for the Slim Adjustables. I have no idea whether they sold them here, or if my grandfather bought this one in the US/Canada during one of his trips overseas. There where also some blades (Gillette Super Blues, Star, Israeli Super Stainless).

View attachment 1921184View attachment 1921185View attachment 1921186

While helping clean out our grandparents house, found two more safety razors. An English Ball End Tech and a 1970 (P4) Super 109 / Super Adjustable. Both cleaned up very well, the Tech is in great condition, mostly shiny with on a spot or two in the plating, the Super 109 has spotting on the plating but no brassing, so better condition than my Slim Adjustable, and as far as I can tell the blade gap is even enough, maybe a little more gap on one side but hard to tell by eye. I have claimed the Super 109, my brother has claimed the Tech (he enjoys his aluminium handle Tech which has the same head, so this is an upgrade in sturdiness). In my reasearch of advertisements in Australian newspapers, I never found any ads for the Super Adjustables, just for the Slim Adjustables. I have no idea whether they sold them here, or if my grandfather bought this one in the US/Canada during one of his trips overseas. There where also some blades (Gillette Super Blues, Star, Israeli Super Stainless).
Oddly enough, cleaning out my parents' house is what brought me back to DE shaving with the discovery of a 1957 Tech and a 1969 Super 109 (both of US mfr). Fortunately, I was able to keep my mitts on both razors as my brothers didn't want them. The Super is a fine razor, enjoy.

Top Bottom