What's new

Puma and Tiger razors, and the mindset of a straight razor collector

I will add that although this is the internet and I'm sure someone will weigh in if I'm wrong, the folks on B&B are likely to do so in a respectful manner and not with the toxicity found on other fora and social media sites.

If I am wrong, please let me know. Thanks gents.

Thanks for sharing this.

This razor is done and gone. The heaviest hone wear is at the tip. (The widest part of this poor blade.) The lightest wear is towards the heel. (The narrow end of the blade.) This means the blade's width/profile is as.backwards. The hone wear doesn't match the frown. It is also way too nice and shiny. The perpetrator of this endeavor may have been trying to salvage a badly nicked blade and had to remove too much material. This wasn't done by honing unless they taped the top part of the blade and spent hours on the stones using very poor technique. (Not likely) My guess... a grinding wheel and buffer was used with great enthusiasm.

I personally don't have the shaving skills to let that blade within 15 feet of my face. :)

Are the scales celluloid or a safe plastic? I've found some great scales on wretched blades.

JMTCW...

Top Bottom