What's new

Oysters -what and where?

I've had a terrible craving for oysters for a while now and there's an oyster bar down the street that I haven't been to yet. After the holidays, I think I'll grab Mrs. Nid Hog and head over there to see what their offerings are like. What do you guys like to drink with oysters?

Oysters with Guiness. A classic combination! Best, Sam

Best oysters I ever had were in Japan, near Hiroshima. Tons of street vendors brought their freshly-hauled oyster harvest out by the cartload. Compared to many of the US and south american oysters I've had, these seemed to have a more subdued and delicate flavor. Unfortunately, that doesn't help you much.

Oysters with Guiness. A classic combination! Best, Sam

Here, here! When in PA I always make an effort to hit the Ugly Oyster in Reading. A great pub; "It's Guiness time, cried the oysters"!

I love them all but prefer the colder water oysters, Blue Point, Rode Island, and Prince Edward Island. I've been eating oysters from the LI Sound for years, it is a whole lot cleaner and produces great seafood.

Tom

Here, here! When in PA I always make an effort to hit the Ugly Oyster in Reading. A great pub; "It's Guiness time, cried the oysters"!

I love them all but prefer the colder water oysters, Blue Point, Rode Island, and Prince Edward Island. I've been eating oysters from the LI Sound for years, it is a whole lot cleaner and produces great seafood.

Tom

The oyster house on Sansom Street is also excellent. Great cocktails too. There is also the Nodding Head Brewpub on the second floor. Best, Sam

Hog Island oysters in Tomales bay CA they farm oysters and have picnic tables to enjoy the oysters and you can bring your favorite beverage to enjoy with. When the weather gets better I will be heading there.

Top Bottom