I love this scent

Attachments

• IMG_8029.jpeg
    IMG_8029.jpeg
    899.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8030.jpeg
    IMG_8030.jpeg
    774 KB · Views: 11
Guess I’m gonna 3017 this soap now. B&M Reserve Waves, been using this pretty exclusively, no idea how many shaves I’ve got on this, but it’s a great performer for me and I like the scent. Will definitely re-buy when the time comes. I only shave every other day, at most, sometimes every third day if I’m being lazy. We’ll see how much longer I’ve got with it 😃🤙

View attachment 1843282View attachment 1843283View attachment 1843284
Broke through the bottom yesterday!
View attachment 1848992
Finished! Only shave a couple of times a week, that’s why it takes me so long. The shaves were great, really enjoyed the performance and scent! I’ll be purchasing this again in the future!
IMG_0434.jpeg

Keep up the great work y’all! 😃🤙

I'm working through a stick of Cremo and prior to 3017ing it, I had only used it brushless when traveling....usually in hard water. I have a whole house water softening system at home and soft water coupled with a Muhle STF XL brush has produced surprisingly good lather. Certainly not on par with high quality soaps, but more in line with say Col Conk or glycerin soaps. Slickness is through the roof.

Back from my trip to the UK, and got a chance to stop in DR Harris. We went to the shop on Piccadilly (more of a high end grooming show room) instead of the original shop which is a functioning pharmacy/chemist’s. Lots of stuff to choose from, the staff person seemed more interested in having a root canal than being there, but I didn’t need much help. I picked up a couple large tubes of cream (the new ‘Twenty Nine’ (rose geranium scent) and the old standard ‘Almond’ (almond flower scent, aka Eau de Portugal). I also got a couple of sample tubes of Marlborough and Eucalyptus creams. Topped it off with a bottle of AS Milk for the winter months and Arlington splash for the warmer weather. As I finished my bottle of Proraso AS a couple weeks ago, the Arlington is going right into use. Glamour shot for posterity:

IMG_3228.jpeg

Back from my trip to the UK, and got a chance to stop in DR Harris. We went to the shop on Piccadilly (more of a high end grooming show room) instead of the original shop which is a functioning pharmacy/chemist’s. Lots of stuff to choose from, the staff person seemed more interested in having a root canal than being there, but I didn’t need much help. I picked up a couple large tubes of cream (the new ‘Twenty Nine’ (rose geranium scent) and the old standard ‘Almond’ (almond flower scent, aka Eau de Portugal). I also got a couple of sample tubes of Marlborough and Eucalyptus creams. Topped it off with a bottle of AS Milk for the winter months and Arlington splash for the warmer weather. As I finished my bottle of Proraso AS a couple weeks ago, the Arlington is going right into use. Glamour shot for posterity:

View attachment 1888540

Great haul, Arlington has long been one of my warm weather favorite scents. I'm anxious to hear your take on Twenty Nine!

View attachment 1888540
Fabulous haul!

Finished Ariana and Evans Aqua de Boracay this morning. A full 7 months of daily shaves! Good soap. Dish covers the label for decorum.

IMG_6125.jpeg

Next up is Barrister and Mann Beaudelaire. Through BST transactions somehow ended up with three full tubs.
IMG_6126.jpeg

Inventory
Soap 2024-08-05.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 1888540

Very nice, Bob. I have a Sandalwood and an Almond puck left. The After Shave Milk is great.

I will also be in London next week, and will visit the shops, but will only be purchasing tubes of cream.
Bob, what is your reasoning for purchasing only tubes of cream when there are so many wonderful soaps to be had?

I prefer tubes to tubs of cream because cream seems to stay fresher in tubes, but I find that a good soap like the Cade I'm working on now is pretty hard to beat in the performance department.

Bob, what is your reasoning for purchasing only tubes of cream when there are so many wonderful soaps to be had?

I prefer tubes to tubs of cream because cream seems to stay fresher in tubes, but I find that a good soap like the Cade I'm working on now is pretty hard to beat in the performance department.

I find that the scents in the creams are more pronounced so I get more enjoyment of that aspect of the experience. Also, after 14(!) years of 3017ing, a tube is a much shorter commitment than a puck.

Top Bottom