What's new

Music with your shaves ...?

Music is a steadfast part of my daily shaving routine. Always has been.

And so I wonder if there are any like-minded musically inclined shavers out there ...? If so, please post in this thread, and fill us in on your routine.

I know there are some out there: for example @Beto Salatini always posts his shaves accompanied by a visual of the weather forecast for Sao Paolo, and the music he listened to while shaving that day. Very nice report format on the shave, thanks mate ..!

I myself almost always shave daily, in the morning first thing when I get out of bed, after a quick shower.

I select a "brush of the day", and razor and blade of the day. (Soap selection very limited as I use the same few soaps 90% of the time).

And, I then need to select the music to go with my shower and shave. I almost always listen to live streamed internet radio on my smart phone while in the bathroom. Then, once I have finished my shave, I turn on the internet-radio in the kitchen, find the same station, and continue listening to that station while I brew my coffee and have breakfast. (listening to music on the radio is also a great way to get to know music I was not familiar with)

I usually go with either Jazz or Classical, and mostly either radio stations based in Denmark (DR P8 Jazz, or DR P2 Classical), or a couple of radio stations based in Seattle (WA, USA, close to where I used to live in Victoria in Canada), either "King FM" (classical), or KNKX (News and music, usually Jazz or blues).

In this way, I feel the music is an integral part of my shave, and just adds a dimension of atmosphere to my daily morning routine that I don't want to be without -- a bit like the scent and menthol kick of my aftershave .... It helps me wake up, find a positive mindset, helps me face the day, find the groove ...

I thought it would be nice to have a thread dedicated to this subtle dimension of shaving, so please feel free to fill us in on how music adds to your shaving zen routine ....

Thank you.

I usually go with either Jazz or Classical, and mostly either radio stations based in Denmark (DR P8 Jazz, or DR P2 Classical), or a couple of radio stations based in Seattle (WA, USA, close to where I used to live in Victoria in Canada), either "King FM" (classical), or KNKX (News and music, usually Jazz or blues).
My four favourite internet radio streaming stations:

Danmark's Broadcasting corporation, (Danmarks Radio, DR)...:

P2 Classical

and P8 Jazz

And ... From Seattle, WA... KNKX

as well as King FM

I listen to music everyday whilst shaving.
I do 4 passes so my shaves do take some time and i enjoy that time listening to various forms of electronic music on the di.fm app.

I have occasionally brought music into the bathroom for a weekend shave and I always enjoy it. The problem is that it gives me worse shaves. It puts me in a more energetic mood and I'm less cautious. It's like when I'm listening to music in the car and have to turn it down to concentrate on finding an address or something. It doesn't seem like it would interfere, but it does.

The problem is that it gives me worse shaves. It puts me in a more energetic mood and I'm less cautious.
Maybe you should try putting on some calmer music ... 🤓
The problem is that it gives me worse shaves. It puts me in a more energetic mood and I'm less cautious. It's like when I'm listening to music in the car and have to turn it down to concentrate on finding an address or something.
I find that sometimes music interferes with the audio feedback of my shave, which can be kind of annoying when doing touch-ups. If I find it interferes, I turn the music down, or off, for my fourth and final touch-up pass

I usually listen to music while shaving but it's not exactly considered "Zen"..
Most of the time I listen to Melodic Metal/Death metal etc etc.
Thing is once the slight "headbanging" starts the cuts begin :(
I should change my routine

I always listen to music when shaving , even more when i use a straight I choose a peaceful music , today it was traffic : on the road , i will note next time i post a sotd , that´s what we doing 10 years ago .

Top Bottom