What's new

Mühle creams

Anyone here try any of Mühle shaving creams? I’m specifically asking about the regular, non organic ones. The organic one is my regular and I will probably run out before it is back in stock so I thought of trying one of the regular ones either sandalwood or aloe. If you have used any of these, I would appreciate it if you could share your experience with it regarding cushion and suitability for sensitive skin.

If you know of any store that sells samples of these, please let me know. I checked Maggard but doesn’t look like they have this brand.

I decided to try one of these and ordered the Sandalwood.

The cream arrived totally dried out. Took a lot of effort to squeeze it out of the tube and when it came out, it came out like a plastic cylinder rather than cream. Instead of spreading like a cream, it more like needed to be rubbed on like a shaving soap stick, carefully so that the cylinder didn't just fall out of my fingers and into the sink. So that was very disappointing.

As far as performance, it is identical to the organic cream. However, I do notice a slight bit of skin irritation (I have extremely sensitive skin) as compared to the organic cream which has zero irritation.

I don't think I will be ordering this again.

Your description doesn't make me want to run out a buy it.....LOL. Thanks for giving us the skinny.
It’s not a bad cream and the organic one will continue to be my regular.

However, if your skin can tolerate it, there are much better creams such as SJOL and soaps such as MdC, which IMO perform better (more cushion, closer shave) and are more cost effective since they are sold in bigger sizes. My skin doesn’t do so well with these, whereas with MÜHLE Organic I get zero irritation.

A bit of an update is due on the Muhle Sandalwood cream since a few things have changed.

First, the Muhle US store sent me a replacement tube. That too was unfortunately too hard. :(

So what I ended up doing is using all my might (I don't work out :)) to squeeze all the hard cream out of each of the two tubes into a soap dish. I have been using a wet brush (I soak the brush under faucet then shake out all excess water) to load the cream the same way I would a hard soap. I load it like I hate it and want to finish it. :) It then actually face lathers quite nicely providing excellent cushion, glide, and post shave feel. There is a slight irritation still compared with the Muhle Organic cream but definitely less than any other cream or soap that I have used.

So overall, I'd say it's a good cream but quite pricey at $17 for 75 ml/2.6 oz. But maybe that's the cost of clean ingredients. I still plan to stick with the Organic cream as long as it is available, but I'm happy I have an alternative that works. The Muhle store had suggested that the Aloe one would be better for sensitive skin. So if I the Organic is not available, next time I will give that one a try.

I have Organic, Aloe Vera and Grapefruit&Mint. I find these great creams especially post shave feel.
Good to finally hear from someone else that has used them. If you use other creams, what are those and how would you say those compare to the Muhle ones?

I have and use also Proraso and LaToja creams. I am not good in comparisons but I would say Muhle creams are as good if not even better. I feel Muhle creams make skin feel great during and after the shave.

I especially like the scent of Organic. Aloe Vera is also really good feeling. Maybe Muhle creams are not as slick as Proraso and LaToja but Muhle creams make face feel
good. And what I noticed that you need quite a little amount Muhle cream to make lather.

I have and use also Proraso and LaToja creams. I am not good in comparisons but I would say Muhle creams are as good if not even better. I feel Muhle creams make skin feel great during and after the shave.

I especially like the scent of Organic. Aloe Vera is also really good feeling. Maybe Muhle creams are not as slick as Proraso and LaToja but Muhle creams make face feel
good. And what I noticed that you need quite a little amount Muhle cream to make lather.
I too love the scent of the Organic. It's just a clean simple non-overpowering scent. I agree about the post shave feel as well. The only negative is that the shave is not as close as when I was shaving with Martin de Candre (MdC) soap.

One final update on the Sandalwood.

I finished what I had (2 tubes worth) yesterday and this morning went back to the Organic (managed to get one tube). The Organic is way better than the Sandalwood in terms of closeness of the shave and complete absence of any irritation. I also much prefer the subtle scent of the Organic.

Now I just hope the Organic comes available soon.

Top Bottom