What's new

Maybe I'll learn something.

I agree, that we should always keep our priorities straight. Having said that, to be perfectly honest with you, I think that a new computer should be higher priority, over that of razors. Don't forget, System76 is not the only ones with notebook's with POP OS on them. Star Labs also makes really nice notebook computers with Zorin OS on them, and I think they are a better OS, over that of even POP OS. I have 0 experience with Endeavor OS, so I can't speak on that one. Just whatever you do, stay away from Windows!
I am more interested in the AMD Tuxedo Computers configuration.

IMG_1613.png

IMG_1612.png

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I am more interested in the AMD Tuxedo Computers configuration.

View attachment 1913557

View attachment 1913558

Very nice, I want you to keep me updated on that please.

Yes, I do feel my pulse rising, I need to check my blood pressure. Yep, reading confirmed, I am too excited for my own good, must lower BP, begin the Zen meditation. Meditation complete, I am now ready for kunfu.

I just found this and I thought it was so cool
I'm dying this is too funny. ROFLMAO! 🤣

Yes, I do feel my pulse rising, I need to check my blood pressure. Yep, reading confirmed, I am too excited for my own good, must lower BP, begin the Zen meditation. Meditation complete, I am now ready for kunfu.

baby kungfu GIF by Neon Panda MX

Had to hit reply to see it. tre cool yo.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Had to hit reply to see it. tre cool yo.

Unfortunately, some gif's and pictures do not post properly on this site. So it takes me time to find a work around that works, which I did, look at the post again. lol One of the reasons why I love the Matrix, is cause I got to see Neo perform Jugitsu, and kick some arse. He was good at it, he could even dodge bullets. I tell you what, I'd sure love to have that skill. lol

Unfortunately, some gif's and pictures do not post properly on this site. So it takes me time to find a work around that works, which I did, look at the post again. lol One of the reasons why I love the Matrix, is cause I got to see Neo perform Jugitsu, and kick some arse. He was good at it, he could even dodge bullets. I tell you what, I'd sure love to have that skill. lol
More power to you man. I'm a lover not a fighter. To this day I can still not believe they made me infantry. I only ever won one fight in my life.

Kill Bill out fit knocked the stuffing out of that dragon. TOO TOUGH!

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

I'm a lover not a fighter.

I'm a lover as well, I just love cool stuff too.

Kill Bill out fit knocked the stuffing out of that dragon. TOO TOUGH!

I was not a fan of the Kill Bill movies, I found them to be way over the top, and not even remotely realistic. I prefer old shows like Cane in the Kungfu series, with the awesome Shaolin priests. That show actually taught a lot of good values in it, things that Cane had to learn, that didn't even have anything to do with fighting.

And keep in mind, the teaching's of the Shaolin, are not so much about forward fighting to damage your opponent, they are about self defense, and disabling your opponent. What we see in the Matrix, is a different fighting style, but all of it are a part of martial arts regardless.

Kill Bill was just too gory, too much blood, too much killing, and just not even remotely realistic. It has more in common with the SAW movies, you know those movies that only work on the warped minded? Yeah, no Kill Bill, or SAW movies for me, no thank you. I'll take Shaolin Monk Priests any day of the week, over that garbage.

I'm a lover as well, I just love cool stuff too.

I was not a fan of the Kill Bill movies, I found them to be way over the top, and not even remotely realistic. I prefer old shows like Cane in the Kungfu series, with the awesome Shaolin priests. That show actually taught a lot of good values in it, things that Cane had to learn, that didn't even have anything to do with fighting.

And keep in mind, the teaching's of the Shaolin, are not so much about forward fighting to damage your opponent, they are about self defense, and disabling your opponent. What we see in the Matrix, is a different fighting style, but all of it are a part of martial arts regardless.

Kill Bill was just too gory, too much blood, too much killing, and just not even remotely realistic. It has more in common with the SAW movies, you know those movies that only work on the warped minded? Yeah, no Kill Bill, or SAW movies for me, no thank you. I'll take Shaolin Monk Priests any day of the week, over that garbage.
Kill Bill's original inspiration the manga Lady Snow Blood was nothing like the movie. It wasn't even the same stories. I have read both the official English language translations and fan translations which were IMO much better. I never remember the names of Mangas I read or I would post the original title. The only reason I remarked on kill bill is because of the yellow jumpsuit with black stripes that appeared in the movie. The movie is textbook Quentin Tarantino. If you have seen one of them you have seen them all. The anime was also superior.

I’ve been engrossed with Demonslayer even when it creeps me out.
I am not generally a fan of schonen, I am more of a seinen fan. Currently I am engrossed in That time I was reincarnated as a slime, Jobless Reincarnation, Alya sometimes hides her feelings in Russian, Pseudo Harem, All of the Monogatari series', Moonlit Symphany, Love is War,, etc. I am watching a lot this season and am currently alternating between the light novels of Jobless reincarnation, and, That time I got reincarnated as a slime. If you like gory Goblin Slayer is my jam. I read manga, light novels, and watch anime. I subscribe to crunchy roll, hidive, and have several sources for light novels and manga though manga I usually get from mangadex through an app. I am terrible. I have been a NEET Otaku for years and don't remember original names. My very first anime which I started as a young child was called in English Star Blazers, properly known as Space Battleship Yamato. I have a scale model of the yamato that has been in it's box not being built for probably 9 years.

Preshave: PAA the Mentholated Cube 2.0 and the Flairisol mister before each pass
Preshave Brush: RV Shaving 25 mm Muehle STF in Strawberry Amber
Main Shaving Brush: Shavemac 24 /54 mm two band silvertip DO1 bulb in Copper Canyon
Soap: Czech and Speake Oxford and Cambridge made by Valobra
Razor: Fatboy 9,9,2 settings
Blade: Personna 74 (1)
Post: Barberup styptic matches, PAA Alum, Thayer's Lavender Witch Hazel Toner
Splash and Frag: Czech and Speake Oxford and Cambridge

9.9 even though I had a red spot and a weeper. DFS+++ so damn close to BBS and with a Fatboy!

First use of a Personna 74. Sharp and smooth just like I expected it to be. First WTG pass on 9 was perfect. I forgot to dial it down for the XTG and ended up with the red spot and weeper on my chin. Worked the styptic matchstick before my ATG pass still had to afterwards, but, it did what it was supposed to at the end. Dialed down to 2 for the ATG and it worked a treat even in my trouble spots the Fatboy gave me the best shave I have ever had with it. Face lathering with the cube before every pass works well. Is it necessary? I am unsure, but, it seems to work well. I put the Personna 74 in my frugal shave dryer. I want to use it more often but I have a lot of blades in play that are not done yet. I am debating bringing a few more razors in so we will see.

We have talked a lot about pizza in the journals so here goes. Yelp sent me a message about a place calling itself Manhattan Pizzeria. After having a good experience at Goodfellas last time for New York style slices I had to check it out. They have a special for two slices of Pepperoni and a fountain drink or can for 7.49. The slices are not as big or as fresh as Goodfellas. They have way too many pies at their counter for them to be fresh. Goodfellas has maybe four pies to get slices and they are 16” pizzas. Big foldable slices. Manhattan Pizzeria the slices are also decent sized foldable, but, they just aren’t as good.

IMG_1640.jpeg

We have talked a lot about pizza in the journals so here goes. Yelp sent me a message about a place calling itself Manhattan Pizzeria. After having a good experience at Goodfellas last time for New York style slices I had to check it out. They have a special for two slices of Pepperoni and a fountain drink or can for 7.49. The slices are not as big or as fresh as Goodfellas. They have way too many pies at their counter for them to be fresh. Goodfellas has maybe four pies to get slices and they are 16” pizzas. Big foldable slices. Manhattan Pizzeria the slices are also decent sized foldable, but, they just aren’t as good.

View attachment 1914492
At least it looks good!

Top Bottom