What's new

LRod's Acquisition and everything else Thread!

Unfortunately he has a lot of opinions, and, I just don't jive with a lot of them.
Hmm, I haven't really read anything where I'd be in disagreement. Then again it's possible that I've missed some of his posts that might be perceived that way. All I've ever read from him are posts related to the products when somebody asks a question (and that's what I've probably always focused on).
He seems to me as someone who's sole purpose is focusing on his products and how to make them better.
He is definitely outspoken where he's always participating and on top of any posts here that are
"Blackland" related.
He answers rather quickly and seems very involved!
I hope I never read whatever you've read, LOL!!
Look, I love supporting whoever I'm in agreement with but sometimes the products are solely available through channels that I don't like. I ain't gonna mention any names but I've read some stories here about some vendors
"that haven't been very nice" and in the end I've had to buy something from them at some point or another,
unfortunately!
But luckily it's worked out well every time!

Last edited:
Hmm, I haven't really read anything where I'd be in disagreement. Then again it's possible that I've missed some of his posts that might be perceived that way. All I've ever read from him are posts related to the products when somebody asks a question (and that's what I've probably always focused on).
He seems to me as someone who's sole purpose is focusing on his products and how to make them better.
He is definitely outspoken where he's always participating and on top of any posts here that are
"Blackland" related.
He answers rather quickly and seems very involved!
I hope I never read whatever you've read, LOL!!
Look, I love supporting whoever I'm in agreement with but sometimes the products are solely available through channels that I don't like. I ain't gonna mention any names but I've read some stories here about some vendors
"that haven't been very nice" and in the end I've unfortunately have had to buy something from them at some point or another.
And luckily it's worked out well every time!
It isn't anyone thing that I can point out and say this is why. There are a lot of things I can think of that I don't wish to discuss, and, sometimes peoples personalities clash. I know that he has good products and stands behind them. I think if I had never watched one of his videos I might have felt differently. I have no problem mentioning REX and PAA. Both have had their share of drama over the years, but, it never effected me personally and I only watched a few videos. Not that they came across much better. I feel just as strongly about Goulet Pens owner, yet I have bought from him. I guess I am something of a hypocrite in singling Blackland out which is why I have never mentioned this in the past while I have typed it many times and thought better of it.

It isn't anyone thing that I can point out and say this is why. There are a lot of things I can think of that I don't wish to discuss, and, sometimes peoples personalities clash. I know that he has good products and stands behind them. I think if I had never watched one of his videos I might have felt differently. I have no problem mentioning REX and PAA. Both have had their share of drama over the years, but, it never effected me personally and I only watched a few videos. Not that they came across much better. I feel just as strongly about Goulet Pens owner, yet I have bought from him. I guess I am something of a hypocrite in singling Blackland out which is why I have never mentioned this in the past while I have typed it many times and thought better of it.
You're not being hypocritical at all!
That's what you feel and what you feel is fair game. Like you said, you can think of things but don't want to discuss them
so you've got your reasons that validate why you feel that way. We all do that at some point or another
with people, things, etc.. We can't all like the same things!!
That's just being human!!

Last edited:
I just tracked all my outstanding orders (again). Yes I know I'm ridiculous when it comes to that but oh well!
Anyways,
UPS shows my Bronze Guerrilla arriving tomorrow (Thursday). It finally shows in Florida, so that's good news.
And USPS shows my Stando Mokosz (from Spain) ready to be delivered tomorrow too.
And the vintage Silver Star shows as arriving on Saturday via USPS.
So if they all make it (as shown) in the next couple of days, it'll be an interesting week for multiple
razor testing.
Supposedly the Bronze Blackbird's will be shipping at the end of September so I don't expect to see that one
for at least a couple of weeks.

I just tracked all my outstanding orders (again). Yes I know I'm ridiculous when it comes to that but oh well!
Anyways,
UPS shows my Bronze Guerrilla arriving tomorrow (Thursday). It finally shows in Florida, so that's good news.
And USPS shows my Stando Mokosz (from Spain) ready to be delivered tomorrow too.
So if they all make it (as shown) in the next couple of days, it'll be an interesting week for multiple
razor testing.
Supposedly the Bronze Blackbird's will be shipping at the end of September so I don't expect to see that one

Which plate with the Guerrilla, 69?

Anyways,
razor testing.
Both my Bronze Wolfman Guerrilla & Stando Mokosz have been delivered today!
I'll be home in a couple of hours, will have a look and post some pictures then. :)

Both my Bronze Wolfman Guerrilla & Stando Mokosz have been delivered today!
I'll be home in a couple of hours, will have a look and post some pictures then. :)
Do you feel just a wee-bit giddy? Like a kid at 5am on Christmas day?

Enjoy them! Haven't tried any of the Wolfman razors, but the Stando Mokosz is nice (at least the copper one is). The stainless handle looks a lot different than the copper one - I think the SS one is perhaps more refined? The copper one with the brass base came with a patina (both the razor and the stand had a patina). Very "old-school" look - and it shaves great.

Do you feel just a wee-bit giddy? Like a kid at 5am on Christmas day?

Enjoy them! Haven't tried any of the Wolfman razors, but the Stando Mokosz is nice (at least the copper one is). The stainless handle looks a lot different than the copper one - I think the SS one is perhaps more refined? The copper one with the brass base came with a patina (both the razor and the stand had a patina). Very "old-school" look - and it shaves great.
I do, Lol!!
That's why I mentioned yesterday that my obsession with tracking orders is ridiculous!
It looks as if the handles are indeed different. Yours looks like it's got some long curved columns that go down the handle plus it's got a hole (hollow).
Mine is just cylindrical and it's got no hole. It's either solid or plugged, I don't know!

I like both from what I've seen in pictures!
Wolfman makes great stuff. The guy does some sort of magic with the heads that I can't explain. I've experienced it with both the regular Wolfman razor and the Guerrilla. The only regular one I had was the WR3 GEM which shaved incredibly well but the head was huge.
That's why I sold it!

I'm back on the list for a WR2 DE but that's like a 3 month wait. I believe I've got plenty to stay entertained till then.
On my way home now so I'll have some pictures up of the Bronze Guerrilla and Mokosz shortly!

Here they are,
The Wolfman Guerrilla Bronze .69 OC and the Stando Mokosz in satin!
Both beautiful!
Special credit due for the guys at YourShaving in Spain. They always include a nice (quality) freebie and as always, they never disappoint. Considering that I got the Mokosz with a super discount, they didn't need to do this but they always do. They included a nice artisan Greek soap that smells wonderful: Kepkinh Levanta!
I looked it up and it's like $15. So it's a nice gift! Excellent service!!
Anyways, here are some pictures. The Guerrilla will be up for tonight's shave:

full

full

full

full

full

full

My local brick shave shop sells these. I have the lemon puck for next year. From what I have read it is a great soap.

Enjoy!
Thanks!
It should be really slick based on the ingredients (Buffalo milk, cocoa butter & olive oil).
And the scent seems to be a lavender type scent which I love.
It smells fabulous!
Like you though, it'll be on hold till I get to it sometime later on!

Hello my friends,
Quick first shave report with the Bronze Guerrilla .69 OC:
As usual, my nightly 2 pass WTG/XTG!
Schick German DE blade and some Arko shave soap.
I'll get right to the shave & results: Absolute shave bliss, period!!
Butter smooth, efficient, balanced, etc.., perfection!
I've had plenty of shaves already with the aluminum one so I wasn't surprised at
how it would shave and the outcome. And I've previously posted about how good the aluminum one is.
What I expected to have improved from the Aluminum by purchasing the Bronze:

1. Aluminum (as I've written before) tends to have a little bit of drag. Not the suction effect, drag!
The aluminum Guerrilla has a very tiny bit of this. They did a great job with that and I attribute it to
the incredibly good anodizing that it has. The Colonial CR7 & Design 94 are both very good in this regard as well.
2. The weight increase (of course since aluminum is super light), even though the aluminum Guerrilla is on
the top end of the scale for an aluminum razor! The Colonial and Design 94 again as well.
I wouldn't want any aluminum razor lighter than these!

The Bronze excelled with both of these things,
(I know #2 was obvious but I can't find anything else to fault the aluminum version).
The magic of this Bronze razor is that it's lighter than the stainless version by 10g.
It's the absolute perfect weight (A bit more than double the aluminum's weight!)
The heat retention during the shave is also fantastic and this bronze finish is incredible.
Pictures do it no justice!
Oh and the handle & fit and finish, perfection!!

So it's basically the aluminum with a heavier weight, absolutely zero drag and all the other
wonderful attributes of Bronze. The revolving door of razors pretty much never ends but I
can 100% guarantee that this razor will never go. It's more than a keeper, It's the one you
want to use all the time. I started experiencing that with the aluminum and now this one has
amplified that.
I love the Timeless, Tatara, Envoy etc.., but this one's pretty hard to beat (for my particular usage!)
About that revolving door I mentioned:
I've got the Bronze Blackbird on order so that'll be another new razor experience that'll have to
compete with this Guerrilla and the other ones I listed which are also at the top of my list.
As I've previously said, I've never tried an SB Blackbird!
I only had the open comb one for a while and it was too much for daily use.
So we'll see how it works out for me (especially as compared to the Guerrilla) when it eventually arrives.
As always though, YMMV!
I will follow up soon with this, good night to all!

Last edited:
First shave tonight with the Stando Mokosz satin!
1.07'' Blade gap, Blade exposure unknown since they don't publish it. From the feel, I'm guessing it's slightly positive!
Good lord this thing shaves close!
I don't know how it'll be as a daily shaver but we'll see how my face is by tomorrow night.
Right now it's smooth, smooth, smooth!!
I've had several different Stando models and I know it's the first shave with this one but I
can already tell that this is probably the best DE razor he's made.
And I guess some proof exists in the fact that Stan (Stando's owner) is currently using the Mokosz
as his current razor. (I learned this from another member here on B&B)

I used a Gillette Wilkinson (India) blade and some OneBlade Black Tie Lavender shaving cream for this shave.
I must say that this razor needs a very slick soap. The Black Tie didn't really cut it!
Some Arko would have fared better in my opinion!
The satin finish, although smoother than past Stando razors, is still a satin that has a tiny hint of drag.
Barely noticeable, but it's there. But not really a big deal!
The blade feel is minimal but you can tell what the razor is doing at all times. It's a loud razor!
And as I mentioned before, it very very smooth and super efficient. I'll find out in about 12 hours
how efficient it really is but I'm betting that this is one of the most efficient razors I've ever tried.

-Compared to the Chors: This shaves closer for me and I never liked the Chors. It's the only razor
that has bit me more than once. I rarely get nicks or cuts!
-Compared to the Leschy which is very similar to the Chors: No comparison, the Mokosz
shaves better in every respect and is more efficient.
-I won't compare it to the Jaruna since that one's a slant, nor the Cat Claw that's an OC nor the
NG which is an AC format razor.

The Mokosz shaves smoother, closer and is more efficient plus the head is more compact than the
other Stando DE's.
I ended up with a super close shave with absolutely no irritation or drama so nothing to really
complain about.

A few more things:
You can shave at whatever angle you prefer with this razor. No problems with that whatsoever!
The handle is awesome (size & shape), the razor is very balanced and the fit & finish is perfect!
Stando has come a long way where the razors now are in top tier category (for a low cost) Good stuff!
Bottom line: I really like it!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom