What's new

Kitchen Knives

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Started with a Henckels set 40+ years back. Lost them in a move and replaced with another Henckels Carbon set about 25 years ago. Added two knives last year both Henckels. One is a shorter Chef's knife with rounded belly. Lighter and easier to rock and chop with older hands. The other is very fine edge for slicing paper thin cuts.

All I have ever needed or wanted in near 50 years of cooking.
Ah. Older hands. For nearly sixty years I have used Sabatier carbon steel, either the four star Elephant or the Jeune with the cluster of grapes. My 75 year old hand are migrating to Nogent since they are lighter. I already had Nogent parers and just got a 7 1/2". Now I am looking for an 11" chef. I already have a bread knife I love (Au Sabot).

Reactions: ctr
Before Bed & Bath Closed forever, I went down to look at Knife Set. What I found is all brand even the German Names are now made in CHINA. So if I want to go for great knives for daily use, might consider Spyderco.

Before Bed & Bath Closed forever, I went down to look at Knife Set. What I found is all brand even the German Names are now made in CHINA. So if I want to go for great knives for daily use, might consider Spyderco.
The German brands have tiers. The top tiers are still made in Germany, the middle tiers are made in Spain or china, and the lower tiers are made in china.

Top Bottom