What's new

June 2024 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

For what it’s worth, United Kingdom is listed when I checked just now. And Netherlands is certainly there so if needed we could always cross the pond with an extra package.

Well, that's interesting, and thanks! I think it was in 2020 — their support email said they'd been put off by the extra customs inconvenience that kicked in then, so I assumed it was permanent.

That's me out then, sorry everybody.

I didn't buy a Lupo, but Game Changer baseplates I want to try: the 1.05 SB, and while I was at it, the 0.76.

I'm not big-headed enough to think I influenced it, but I remember wishing for a 0.76, and shimming my 0.68 to simulate it, while I was trying to tame the 0.84 several years ago.

The Lupos are a curious lot in that they seem to get smoother as their blade gap increases.
Thanks for sharing your impressions, Jay!

Lupo fan here.👍

I'll have to do some side by side shaves to find out if I end up with the same conclusion. Thanks for the idea 😀

However, for sake of completion, imo your statement isn't applicable to the latest Lupo 1.27 SB. Pretty sure about it. The 1 27 SB isn't smoother than the .95 SB, not even closely so.
That's why my 1.27 baseplate had to leave my den already...
Cheers!

PS:
In. No Lupo shave today. 😉

20240604_185222.jpg

Thanks for sharing your impressions, Jay!

Lupo fan here.👍

I'll have to do some side by side shaves to find out if I end up with the same conclusion. Thanks for the idea 😀

However, for sake of completion, imo your statement isn't applicable to the latest Lupo 1.27 SB. Pretty sure about it. The 1 27 SB isn't smoother than the .95 SB, not even closely so.
That's why my 1.27 baseplate had to leave my den already...
Cheers!

PS:
In. No Lupo shave today. 😉

View attachment 1857634
I agree. Unlike the 0.95SB the 127 is far from 'smooth'. That is because the exposure is also bigger than the 0.95, not only the gap. It is a good razor that gives a closer shave than the 0.95. Still I like it and will keep it. Guess why. Because I like aggressive razors that provide me with a long lasting BBS. 😁

Jay21

Collecting wife bonus parts
Day 5, still in.

Pre-shave: Neutrogena Hydro Boost
Brush: RR 400 matte Plissoft
Cream: Gillette Foamy red
Razor: RR Lupo 72
Blade: PPI Gillette Platinum Dark Blue (2)
Number of passes: 2 (cheeks WTG and ATG, neck XTG, XTG)
Touchups or buffs: yes
Aftershave: Old Spice and Nivea Sensitive balm
Sting: Yes, mild
Result: BBS cheeks and DFS neck

I continue to experiment with my technique while working on my tough spots. A curious thing happened today as a result. I achieved BBS results on my cheeks for the first time ever. That was unexpected. My neck was its mostly customary DFS, but I'll probably never get BBS there, and I'm not sure the juice will be worth the squeeze if I did. My hair is so coarse there I could sell it to the Omega Brush Company and have my own signature line of boar brushes. I had some mild aftershave sting. I wasn't bad, but I prefer none, so I'll continue to work on my technique. I value comfort over BBS.

Still GRUMEing.
I enjoy all the postings!

View attachment 1857867
Excellent shave today.

I went to an adult coloring class today at the local senior citizen center.
Here is what I did today.

View attachment 1857869
In high school, in the 70's, I rode to school with a friend in a purple VW bus.
Please take care of yourself and each other.
I do remember that with a bus-load of friends, those VeeDubs took forever to climb a hill

Top Bottom