What's new

High Efficiency Razors June & July 2024

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Yaqi Vostok 1.05 Dual Comb / BIC Platinum
YVostok105.jpg

I am preparing for watching soccer this evening. I took the opportunity to compare this Lupo clone to the Lupo .95 OC, they are very similar, but a difference is there. The slight increase in gap gives it a slight edge. I use the SB side for the corners of the mouth and under the nostrils.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Sunday 20240630
20240630_112200~2.jpg

Razor: Wolfman Ti WR2 1.25 SB (TiBam New York Ti Handle)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (8 shaves, 20 passes and retired)
Brush: Rudy Vey B&B Contributors Brush
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Proraso Red Cream
Aftershave: Proraso Red

Superb shave!

Please visit My Journal for shave notes.

Date01.07.2024
366 daily shaves
183/366

RazorBladeBrush
Mühle Rocca R94KCG (24)Mühle Rocca R94 ST
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Mike’s Natural Soaps Barbershop (104+105)Cold splash
Proraso Green
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG and touch up
Process Quality
Blade Sharpness
10/10 (Clean)5/10 (Sharp)
EffectivenessShave Comfort
8.5/10
(DFS+++)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes:

A new month and a new Monday. What better than a close and excellent shave with a staple razor and brush.

Enjoy your shave today!

I had a marvelous shave today. But it isn't with a razor most of us would consider a high-efficiency razor. In fact, it would be considered mild by most of us, including myself. I certainly wouldn't have considered posting today's shave in this thread. But I shaved before church this morning, probably around 8:30 AM. It's now after midnight & I am still incredibly smooth & quite satisfied with my shave. Paired with a fresh Feather, this razor exceeded my wildest expectations. Yet really, I shouldn't be surprised. It was the world-famous, world-class Gillette PreWar Tech!

PreWar Tech w/ Rosseforp Company Time handle
Feather
Captain's Choice Copper Lather Bowl
Rudy Vey Shavemac 26mm 2 Band
Ethos Nuage De Citron
Vanilla Highball
IMG_7115.jpg

Razor: Karve Overlander (17)
Blade: Dorco Titan (1)
Preshave: Hot shower; Cereve Hydrating Facial Cleanser
Lather: Van der Hagen Luxury Scented + Cremo Cooling
Aftershave: Cold water rinse; Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue Cooling Aftershave

No nicks; No irritation; Very close; Very smooth; Very Pleasant DFS+ shave; No aftershave burn.

One & Done

Cheers!!!

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
HIGH INTENSITY SUMMAH

Single Edge Sunday

Last night’s kind of cap-riding shave
GEM Micromatic Open Comb
Made in China Schick (1)
Damp facecloth aka “shave binky
Simpson KH-1 17mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: Shave with a razor with a dull blade
Lather: Canada Shaving Soap; face-lathered
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: warm shower :001_wub: and a drop of hyaluronic acid

Two different razors with two different substitutes for the Personna GEM stainless PTFE blade. The Amazon Basics Single Edge blade is sharper than Foshio’s GEM-shaped blade, but was not sharp enough for my two 3D-printed razors that completely rawk with real GEM blades. When I gave up and switched to my MMOC and crammed an Injector blade against its blade stops, it was a.different story. A short story.

Zoo-ee mama! When I got the blade in an okay enough angle, whiskers flew away with practically no notice. It took more care than I’ve recently been using, but even the toughest-to-shave whiskers on my chin melted away without complaint or need for finesse. Boom! Rinsed down the sink.

I always thought I wanted razors that rigidly clamped blades and this shave told me I do. And to keep up the trend by using a RIGS device (a plastic bread tie in my case) when I use a GEM blade in this razor again and to use my absolutely clampiest DE for Shark Week.

it isn't with a razor most of us would consider a high-efficiency razor.

It’s more aggro than my Post-War Tech. Also, razors on the mild side can sometimes let us get closer, longer lasting shaves than their razor blade on a stick cousins and that makes them more efficient for many users.

7 days of stubble
Preshave: Proraso Green and Flairisol mist of water
Brush: RV Shaving 25 mm STF in Strawberry Amber
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper bowl plus face lathering
Cream: Proraso Green
Razor: Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB / @Rosseforp GTB 19.2 Gram handle
Blade: Gillette Super Stainless The Spoiler F4 Unsure of the date 1985 maybe made in the USA (9)
Splash: Proraso Green

9.8/10 DFS+ great shave

One red spot that did not bleed. Nil alum feedback. Zero splash feedback. Met for brunch at 11 and made it 15 minutes early for once. I used even less cream this time and still had plenty to lather up for multiple passes. It was a little less than a cm dab of cream. Cream was more hydrated, but, less voluminous today. Still wonderful results and very close shave today. I didn't have to work for it although my mustache area was uncomfortable and where the red spot was. A truly highly efficient shave with the WR2 1.25 SB. It has sat on the sideline for a couple weeks where I have used the PAA Artifact for a few weeks. Best results with the WR2 in a long time. I didn't use the trimmer for before my shower and just used the mister to soak my face. Proraso really works for me with the misting spray bottle. As does starting with the bowl and finishing lathering on my face for each pass.

🇺🇸 🇺🇸 🇺🇸 🇨🇦 🇨🇦 🇨🇦 SOTD - “Happy 4th of July (USA Independence Day) And Canada Day (July 1st) Week” July 1st - July 7th, 2024 🇺🇸🇺🇸 🇺🇸 🇨🇦 🇨🇦 🇨🇦
MdC Monday

Hello friends

Cold week for our standards. MdC Rose and Penhaligon’s Hammam Bouquet provided the aroma of the morning. In honor of today's SOTD theme, I chose a razor that I hadn't used for a long time, Rockwell 6C, which with the R6 plate that I used together with the Gillette Nacet (4) is quite efficient, but not aggressive. Semogue SOC Mistura and Floïd Mentolado Suave were sublime as always.

Brightening the introspective mood of the moment, Monica Zetterlund and Bill Evans.

Rating: 9

Have a nice week and great shaves!
❤️🪒

D156175D-B7C2-4A2C-B5D0-A5A5ADFE8147.jpeg
IMG_7791.jpeg

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
HIGH INTENSITY SUMMAH

Micromatic Monday

Tonight’s not cap-riding enough shave
GEM Micromatic Open Comb
Made in China Schick (2)
Damp facecloth aka “shave binky
Simpson KH-1 17mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: No
Lather: Canada Shaving Soap; face-lathered
Aftershave: Aqua Velva
Post-shave:: warm shower :001_wub: and a drop of hyaluronic acid
Post-shave: Equate moisturizer

IMG_1533.jpeg

I didn’t get my lather wet enough for most of the shave and I fell for the siren song of “buttered toast,” so my shave was efficient enough, but could’ve been more comfortable. More water in the lather and more cap on skin for me next time.

Razor: Karve Overlander (18)
Blade: Shark Super Stainless (1)
Preshave: Hot shower; Cereve Hydrating Facial Cleanser
Lather: Van der Hagen Luxury Scented + Cremo Cooling
Aftershave: Cold water rinse; Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue Cooling Aftershave

No nicks; No irritation; Very close; Very smooth; Very Pleasant DFS+ shave; No aftershave burn.

One & Done

Cheers!!!

Top Bottom