What's new

Diamond in the Rough (Vtg Pinaud Glass)

So all the times I've been out with SWMBO and drove her crazy looking at all the glass bottles has come to an unfruitful conclusion thus far. As a Pinaud user, the biggest thing I hoped to find at all those flea markets and antique stores was a vintage Pinaud bottle of some sort.

This past week, when I went to the ex's house to pick up my daughter, she had a yard sale set up. Lo and behold, she had a small cluster of glass bottles which contained a vintage Ed. Pinaud Paris bottle like the one in this picture.

proxy.php

This one didn't have a label or a stopper, and may or may not have been an Eau De Quinine bottle in its prime. It did clean up nicely though and since I just now found this picture of what it actually looked like in its heyday I must put a label on it soon. The embossed pattern is apparently for the back.

I would love to dress this bottle up like it was in the golden days. My question to you B&B vintage AS enthusiasts is this: How can I possibly find a stopper/cap like this for my bottle?? Do they exist?

Attachments

• $PINAUD_EDQ.jpg
    $PINAUD_EDQ.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 94
I have never seen a cap like that in the wild. I wouldn't be surprised if you could find them in an antique store somewhere, but you would have to diligently sift through everything. In the meantime, just measure the opening and look for a stopper at an on-line lab supply store. You could probably pick a cork or stopper of some kind up at a kitchen goods place too.

I've got a rubber stopper in it from the hardware store. I knew it was unlikely that somebody has a few old pinaud bottle tops around, but it never hurts to ask. I'm working on trying to make shaker bottles out of this and my witch hazel bottle with some small tubing and the rubber stoppers ala this post. I just have to get some caps to seal them up when not in use.

Top Bottom