What's new

Balin's Blade Bonanza

After giving away many blades I discovered that I had left for myself about four hundred blades of the ones I like Asco orange super stainless (red or red/blue is the same), Treet New Double edge, Derby Premium.
Plus Treet King I have about one hundred and ninety left, another eighty from GSB.

In total I will have just under 700 blades or exactly 700 is a lot for me.
But I feel freer to only have the ones I like and no longer buy so many blades to experiment.
A pack or a few samples of blades can always be purchased without making me anxious.
Probably before giving as a gift I probably had almost a thousand blades in total......:001_07:
My son just went off to university. I have more room for razor blades now.

I Got It Party GIF by Red Fang

Date27.07.2024
366 daily shaves
209/366

RazorBladeBrush
Mühle R89Dorco Titan (1)Simpson T3
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Mike’s Natural Soaps Barbershop (138))Cold splash
Proraso Green
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG and touch up
Process Quality
Blade Sharpness
9/10 (Superficial red spots)6/10 (Razor sharp)
EffectivenessShave Comfort
8/10
(DFS+)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes:

First use of a Titan in this razor. And it was a very fine shave. I absolutely love Titans
:001_wub:

Click here for more notes.

Enjoy your shave!

Date28.07.2024
366 daily shaves
210/366

RazorBladeBrush
Mühle R89Dorco Titan (2)Simpson T3
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Mike’s Natural Soaps Barbershop (139)Cold splash
Proraso Green
Balm

Process Quality
Blade Sharpness
10/10 (Clean)6/10 (Razor sharp)
8.25/10
(DFS++)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes:

The pairing of this blade and this razor is fantastic! Silky smooth and very comfortable while also being an effective combination.

Click here for further notes.

Enjoy your shave today!

Well I see you have already started!
I love the Titan Dorco ones too, sharp but not too rough.

There are many of this group of blades that I would like to try Treet Tjax,Bic Astor and also the Big Bens that I tried years ago.
Which Big Ben are they?
There are different packages of these Lord blades I don't remember the differences between them.

Date29.07.2024
366 daily shaves
211/366

RazorBladeBrush
Mühle R89Dorco Titan (3)Simpson T3
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Mike’s Natural Soaps Barbershop (140)Cold splash
Proraso Green
Balm

Process Quality
Blade Sharpness
9.5/10 (Almost Clean)6/10 (Razor sharp)
8.5/10
(DFS+++)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes:

Third consecutive use of this combination. And I am really liking the team’s performance.

Click here for today’s notes.

Enjoy your shave today!

Date30.07.2024
366 daily shaves
212/366

RazorBladeBrush
Greencult 2.II SBDorco Titan (4)Simpson T3
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Mike’s Natural Soaps Barbershop (141)Cold splash
Proraso Green
Balm

Process Quality
Blade Sharpness
9/10 (Almost Clean)6/10 (Razor sharp)
8.5/10
(DFS+++)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes:

A slightly less quality shave, but loving the smoothness post shave.

Enjoy your shave today!

Date31.07.2024
366 daily shaves
213/366

RazorBladeBrush
Mühle R89Dorco Titan (5)Simpson T3
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Mike’s Natural Soaps Barbershop (142)Cold splash
Proraso Green
Balm

Process Quality
Blade Sharpness
8.75/10 (Almost Clean)6/10 (Razor sharp)
8.25/10
(DFS++)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes:

Switching back to the R89 for the 5th run with the Titan. Smooth sailing and shaving. Performance of the blade appears to be declining.

Enjoy your shave today!

Date01.08.2024
366 daily shaves
214/366

RazorBladeBrush
Greencult 2.0 II SBDorco Titan (6)Simpson T3
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Mike’s Natural Soaps Barbershop (143+144)Cold splash
Proraso Green
Balm

Process Quality
Blade Sharpness
8.5/10
(DFS+++)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes:

Excellent shave today. Head and face. Ready for another relaxing day!

Blade sprung back into action for the head shave!

Enjoy your shave today!

Date02.08.2024
366 daily shaves
215/366

RazorBladeBrush
Greencult 2.0 II SBDorco Titan (7)Simpson T3
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Mike’s Natural Soaps Barbershop (145)Cold splash
Proraso Green
Balm

Process Quality
Blade Sharpness
8.75/10
(BBS-)
8/10 (Smooth)

Notes:

Splendid shave! Everything fell into place.

Enjoy your shave today!

The part deux blades arrived this week!

Here they are in all their glory!
1000006648.jpg

Participants so far are @cranewarrior @Pinto90 and @blethenstrom , if you could PM your addresses I will get them out to you this weekend. Its a holiday this Monday in Ontario so they probably won't move until Tuesday next week. @Guido75 and @lasta are going to play along with they blades they already have.

That leaves room for 2 more participants!! @WhiskerLess and @Jay21 would you like to join?

The Viking's Sword, TJAX and Titans all come in 10 pack tucks so I will be breaking them apart and sending 5 per person.

View attachment 1887539

Participants so far are @cranewarrior @Pinto90 and @blethenstrom , if you could PM your addresses I will get them out to you this weekend. Its a holiday this Monday in Ontario so they probably won't move until Tuesday next week. @Guido75 and @lasta are going to play along with they blades they already have.

That leaves room for 2 more participants!! @WhiskerLess and @Jay21 would you like to join?

The Viking's Sword, TJAX and Titans all come in 10 pack tucks so I will be breaking them apart and sending 5 per person.
PM sent
There We Go Yes GIF by Far Cry 6

View attachment 1887539

PM sent :biggrin1:

I already have the Dorco Titans blades, the ones you send me you can send to others.

IMG20240802181014.jpg

Grazie mille!! :001_smile

I am very happy to have joined you and to be able to participate, I thank my friend Andrew for inviting me to participate.
Apart from the Dorco Titan which after the GSB are my favorite blades there are all the blades I wanted to try Bic Astor, Treet Tjax, Supermax superstainless green, Viking's Sword, Starmaxx and Tatara.
I had tried Big Ben, Bolzano Superinox and Tiger red several years ago, it will be nice to try them again.

Jay21

Collecting wife bonus parts

View attachment 1887539

I’ll play along with the blades I already have. I have the Tiger, Titan, and Bolzano.

Sounds good!!

@WhiskerLess are you in?

We still have another spot to fill, does anyone else want to join in?

Thanks for the offer Andrew.
Will cheer on the side and take the spectator role for now.

I don’t have those blades in my current stash. It would also be troublesome to send those blades outside CONUS.

Definitely watching this though and place my order of top blades that will come out of your testing.

While waiting for the blades kindly donated by my friend Andrew aka @Balin to arrive, I anticipate that for the evaluation of the individual blades I will follow Ale aka @cranewarrior example.
I will always use the same razor and the same shaving soap to ensure that the parameters and conditions are as similar as possible by changing only the blade each time.
As shaving soap I will use an old Italian soap that is now unobtainable and out of production, I Coloniali mango, I have about two pieces left.
As a razor I will use the Yaqi Mercury which I have really liked since I discovered it and I use it almost all the time.
Have a good start to the week everyone and see you soon!

Cheers
Roberto

Top Bottom