What's new

Are these Astra SP fake or very old?

Okay I've had a quick 1 pass shave. Comfort-wise it wasn't gliding like my 2022 Astra SPs at all (you call that harsher I assume?). Cutting-wise it cut OK.
Note that I'm a newbie shaver so I'm nowhere qualified enough to compare & contrast blades. Also it was a very quick shave so lather was insufficient my hair didn't get soft enough.
I have slight irritation.

Insufficient lather? That could very well be the reason your shave was harsh. Give them another try with properly built lather.

The blades in post #1 are fakes!

PPI used to make plastic dispensers of Astra SP for a short time. But those on the photo are fakes. I have both the real and the fake plastic dispensers of Astra SP.

I've just got another shave with the same blade (so 2nd shave).
Again for comparison I'll compare with the shave I got few days ago with a real Russia made Astra SP. That blade was at 2nd or 3rd use, too.
Used my no-name Qshave clone as the razor. This time my lather was better.

I used the real Astra on Qshave's 0.5 setting. It glided and cut very well. Got a blood on 2 spots, though.

Using the fake one today, I had to set razor to most aggressive setting (6). Even at 5 it had trouble cutting.
At setting 6 it cut ok, got a lot of leftovers so had to do 2 more passes (I normally do 1 pass + touchups).

But to my surprise, at the end, I got a CCS, no burn at all, no blood, either.

So I assume this blade is relatively blunt but may be a good pairing with an aggressive razor.

Top Bottom