What's new

My trip antiquing today - HELP with ID's!

I got a couple nifty toys at the antique shop today. I want to know if any of you have seen/heard of these and whether or not you think I got a decent deal.

First up, was an Allegro Mod. Flexible 200 razor hone/strop WITH razor. I paid 35 bucks for the Razor and the Allegro Hone/Strop
The razor that came with it was not part of the package itself, but the antique dealer, who ever sold to the antique dealer, had included their razor with the box. It is a Widerstrahl A718, I posted some picks on the straight razor forum.

The hone/strop has one side leather (a few scratches but no nicks), and one side what seems to be slate/stone but may be some form of ceramic (possible?) and is in good shape. What do you think of this?
proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php

The second toy is a "Kriss Kross" automatic double edge blade stropper, with all the docs and in great shape. I paid 20 bucks for it. I placed a blade in it and it actually works really nicely. I don't know how much use I will get out of it, but it is cool, I think. You basically put in the DE and spin the arm, and it strops one side against the leather, flips the blade automatically, and strops the other.
Cool, huh.
proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php

I have seen about three of these Kris Kross blade stroppers lately. I have no idea how much they are worth, but they seem to be plentiful around here.

Top Bottom