What's new

Gillette NEW vs Bostonian vs Tech

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Right, here are some pictures comparing the head of a Gillette NEW made in England (Top left), Gillette Bostonian (Top Right), Gillette NEW made in USA (bottom left) and Gillette Tech made in England (bottom right). I thought there might be someone interested in seeing the difference...

I did not clean the Bostonian yet, I didn't have time...

Luc

Staff member
I must add that I noticed a difference between the size of the teeth of the NEW (England) and NEW (USA)...

Hmmm indeed. i am aware the Brit and US are different, and NEW (and NEW IMproved?) teeth can be short of long.

Your brit teeth look short and fat, the US one looks skinny and long....

FWIW, English teeth are well renown....

Luc

Staff member
Hmmm indeed. i am aware the Brit and US are different, and NEW (and NEW IMproved?) teeth can be short of long.

Your brit teeth look short and fat, the US one looks skinny and long....

FWIW, English teeth are well renown....

:lol::lol::lol:

Here is a comparison of the teeth of a long comb American on the left and a British on the right. There is a definite difference.

proxy.php

Luc

Staff member
Nice, thanks for sharing. Why I am not suprised that you had that up your sleeve? :lol:

Note that the English Tech has a nickel plated top plate, and an aluminium base plate, as well as an aluminium handle. This version was from the '50's, according to Mr. Razor.

My first DE razor, which I still have, was an M1 Travel Tech with an aluminum handle received new as part of a gift.

Luc

Staff member
Good to know, I do not have any date codes on mine.

Top Bottom