What's new

Anyone else uses their left over lather to clean their face?

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I tried it this morning with my Trumper Coconut cream... I had a little bit of lather left, enough to do another pass. I know, I still need to work on how to use all my lather :lol:

When I did my cold water rinse, I used it to wash my face completely. Great wash! Anyone else does that?

I do it, I'm way to cheap to throw any of that lather away.

Yeah, it feels really good, especially the Proraso Green.

i use it to wash my face. if i get a little nick or something i let it dry for a minute or so on my face and it stops the bleeding. i then rinse off with cold water.

I tried it this morning with my Trumper Coconut cream... I had a little bit of lather left, enough to do another pass. I know, I still need to work on how to use all my lather :lol:

When I did my cold water rinse, I used it to wash my face completely. Great wash! Anyone else does that?

I do it fairly often. A couple of nights ago, I did it with my still-loaded brush of Trumper's Coconut Oil soap when there was still plenty left after a 3-pass shave. Ummmm....

Tim

I usually shave after a shower, so my face is already clean. It does break my heart to rinse good lather down the drain, though.

I always give myself a "post lather" after my final pass and a good rinse. I use soaps that are heavy with glycerin and/or shea butter, so I consider it a moisturizing treament. I leave it on as I clean up my brush, razor and scuttle. Then I rinse and apply aftershave.
I don't ever have a tight face after shaving, and I usually use most of my lather this way.

Kind of? I will squeeze the remaining lather out of the knot and rub it around the old visage while "looking" for rough spots that I may have missed. Any rough patches get a little clean up with the razor.

No, not the left over lather. But I have been washing my face with a very moisturizing non-lather shaving cream.

I do!

Sometimes I mix up lather with the intention of washing my face on days off from shaving. I find shaving soap much less drying.

I do occasionally when I have to work with someone that is alergic to colognes, but I instead use as much of the shave cream on me to keep a scent through the day.

I've started using the leftover Pre de Provence lather to wash my face. THe shea butter in it leaves my face feeling soft and supple.

Kind of? I will squeeze the remaining lather out of the knot and rub it around the old visage while "looking" for rough spots that I may have missed. Any rough patches get a little clean up with the razor.

+1...thats my method as well.

Top Bottom