What's new

Rooney Special

Hello everyone :smile: I just wanted to let those that dont know that Jim at Vintage Blades now has a Specially made rooney for only $39

Its Perfect for those that like the feel of a pure badger or for those that are just starting out. Any rooney at $39 is a heck of a deal !!

The Rooney Style 3 "Special" is a brush made specially for Vintage Blades that is comparable in proportions to a standard Style 3 Size 1 (Small). It is a handmade brush with a lathe turned, hand polished handle and is filled with 100% Pure Badger.

Overall brush height: 96mm
Handle height: 50mm
Brush Loft: 46mm
Knot diameter: 22mm

Handmade in the United Kingdom.

http://www.vintagebladesllc.com/vshop/xcart/home.php?cat=156

can someone please post a full review??!!!

this brush looks great. I just wonder how dense it is. I don't mind scratchy, but I would like it to be dense for soaps.

I hope this is as denser than the CEBBB.

I emailed Jim at VB about this and he replied that it is as dense as the 3/1 in super badger which means it is very dense. He says it was scrubby when he first started using it but after a couple of weeks the tips softened. Should be a good value.

for the "Best Starter Brush" category. Since Crabtree & Evelyn may not carry the best badger brush anymore, this may take its spot.

+1, except this will be better. Tips will unfortunately still be a bit scritchy like the C&E was, however, when I prefer them soft. But will be an excellent all-around brush for a wetshaver of any experience level, at an entry-level price!

Regards.

J

Top Bottom