What's new

What's in YOUR Mug? ~ February 2009

Whats in your mug today? Happy Groundhog Day, Lincoln's Birthday, St. Valentine's Day, Susan B. Anthony's Day and Tu b'Shvat, Presidents' Day, and Ash Wednesday!

proxy.php

Alright- someone seems to know what they're doing when it comes to coffee. JBHoren- I can't make a decent cup of coffee to save my life. I have a coffee press- but I still end up going to Tim's for a double double instead. You look like you do it professionally- Any suggestions/tips/tricks?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! my eyes!:w00t:

I apologize, but its all I have to work with being a newbie and all. This is all my wife buys seeing as I didn't drink coffee at all, now that I all of the sudden like it we are spending a few bucks on a french press and nicer coffees. I'll update later on this week when the press gets here.

Alright- someone seems to know what they're doing when it comes to coffee. JBHoren- I can't make a decent cup of coffee to save my life. I have a coffee press- but I still end up going to Tim's for a double double instead. You look like you do it professionally- Any suggestions/tips/tricks?

I'm not JBHoren, but I'm replying anyway.

Star with this.

What is your:

Coffee
Grinder
Water source

?

I'm not JBHoren, but I'm replying anyway.

Star with this.

What is your:

Coffee
Grinder
Water source

?

Coffee: either it's the tim hortons coarse grind, or supermarket beans
grinder: I don't own a grinder- i have to rely either on the one at the
supermarket, or buy preground.
watersource: well water. 180 feet deep. With a water softener.

French Roast I bought and ground at Wally World. On a budget but I refuse to drop to Folgers, etc.

Not the best cup of coffee but way better than what passes for it at work.

This morning at home, French pressed Ethiopia Moka Harar
(all out -- must pick up something before going home)

At work -- a couple of mugs o' Bai Hao oolong.

Now -- some plain ol' French pressed Columbian.

TLOTH picked up some Kroger's Hazelnut beans for me as a surprise. Makes a good cup of coffee. She's a sweetie.

I just went back to a single-cup melitta filter. Tastes a lot better, since most drip makers can't get the water hot enough to extract the most flavor from a bean, and since my gf went back to tea in the morning, we already have a kettle boiling...

I just went back to a single-cup melitta filter. Tastes a lot better, since most drip makers can't get the water hot enough to extract the most flavor from a bean, and since my gf went back to tea in the morning, we already have a kettle boiling...
Nice! :)

I pulled out the TCA-2 to see how much flavor I could really get out of three-month old coffee. (the leftovers from blend development)

I could not get a good cup with FP or Melitta, but man.. despite being so stale, it was a flavorful cup.

:001_wub:

My bag of Nicaragua Limoncillo arrived this morning half hour before setting off to work, managed to brew myself some, my verdict, I think i'm going to enjoy this month of coffee drinking.

Top Bottom