What's new

Shaving Supplies in Vancouver or Canada in General

I hope you guys out there can help. I am living in Dubai in the Middle East and supplies for shaving are at a premium here. Its nearly impossible to find good quality supplies with the exception of a few types of DE razor and shaving creams that dont seem to be readily available in North America.

What I am looking for is a list of places in Canada where I can order shaving supplies or National stores that sells supplies. Specifically anything in the Vancouver region. I am heading back for Christmas so I would like to do a bit of shopping for myself.:biggrin:

Please list any shops even small italian delis that might sell Poraso etc. I am looking for all the good stuff I can get!

I already know of:

- Fendrihans
- Momentum Grooming

Any others?

Thanks

Proraso is available in Shoppers Drug Mart all over Canada. As is The Real Shaving Company. Also check out The Body Shop and Crabtree & Evelyn for their offerings.

London Drugs carries Kiss My Face, and some other natural stuff I've never heard of. But other than that everything I know of has been covered.

Thanks,
Alkaidia

Hi, I've been out looking for brick and mortar suppliers in Vancouver and the info above pretty much cover things. Here's what I've found:

Brushes:
Omega brushes are sold at Shoppers Drug Mart (SDM). London Drugs (LD) sells Wilkinson Sword. Body Shop sell their own brand. Atkinsons of Vancouver (AoV) sells Plisson brushes.

Razors:
Only brick and mortar places I've seen selling DE razors are Momentum Grooming and masc skincare downtown. Merkurs and some straight edges can also be found at any mall that has a House of Knives (HoK).

Products:
You'll find the regular drug store stuff at SDM and LD. SDM also carries green label Proraso and The Real Shaving Company products. Body Shop has their brand and HoK sells Col. Conk soaps. More exclusive brands can be found a Momentum and masc. Almost forgot, Holt Renfrew sells Art of Shaving and Plissons can be bought at AoV.

http://rasagepoulin.com/ is out of Calgary. I placed an order Saturday evening, got confirmation it would ship Monday morning, which it did, and it arrived in Saskatoon today! So with probably one to two day turn around shipping to Vancouver, that is probably another option.

Sklegg: Good idea, but I've got no idea of how to add an entry to that sticky.

Question: Where can I buy good razor blades at a decent price in/near Vancouver?

Masc at 433 Davie Street carry Geo F. Trumper and Jack Black creams, soaps, aftershaves, balms and EDT, and plenty of other fragrances and skin care products.

Also Momentum grooming at 1237 Burrard St, carries Truefitt&Hill, Gentleman Rafinery, Musgo and Col Conk soaps, creams, also razors and some brushes, and lots of skin care products.

Of course Body Shop on Robson St, for Maca Root creams, Lush Handmade soaps for their brushless creams, Kiehls on Robson as well, there is L'occitane store closeby too, Corner of Burrard and Robson St.

KMF brushless creams, Proraso, Wilkinson soaps, Nivea and AquaVelva in just about every supermarket. Shoppers Drug Mart carries Zirh products.
Dermalogica also found on Robson St, and American Crew creams on several places in downtown in boutiques for skin care.

Brut AS, cologne and ASB found in Zellers, and Army & Navy on Hastings St, E.

in Pacific Centre for Art of Shaving

There's an Talian grocery on Hastings - just west of the mcdonalds - norht side of the street with proraso and omega shave soap.

I think Atkinson's sells Floris soaps, too

London Drugs and Safeway have Williams soap, Aqua Velva and Old Spice

The name of that Italian store is La Grotta Del Formaggio (1791 Commercial Drive).

Atkinson's of Vancouver sels Plisson brushes, soap and cream, Joris soap, Floris soaps and fragrances, Annick Goutal fragrances as well R&G products.

BeautyMark carries AoS products + Anthony's line.

London drugs has Tabac aftershaves.

Then of course we have Anthony's Barber Supply on the North Shore (304 Kennard Ave). They carry JM Fraser SC, Booster's line, Pinaud line, Omega boar brushes, Timor carbon steel straight razor, Astra blades, etc.

If anyone is looking for Edwin Jagger creams & soaps (Sea Buckthorn, Aloe, Sandalwood :drool:) EJ Chatsworth razors & brushes they can all be found at a cigar shop called "Revolucion" located at 1062 Mainland St in Yaletown (Helmcken & Mainland). Worth checking out.

Oh Yeah, they have cigars too :lol:

www.revolucionstyle.com

Also, If anyone in Vancouver is interested Pre De Provence Shave Soap can be purchased at a store called " Chocolate Mousse" located at 1553 Robson St (Cardero & Robson). Get some for this Spring :tongue_sm

Unfortunately its not a full on shave supply store by any stretch of means, but happens to carry the Pre De Provence line of soaps. They sell kitchenware, gadgets & gifts.

Last edited:
I couldn't believe I'd never noticed momentumgrooming before yesterday. It's attached to my building fer christ's sake and I've been here over a year!

It was only whe I saw the website contact details that it clicked.

They have an excellent selection and the bloke (owner?) in there was very helpful. Recommended.

Anthony Beauty and Barber Supply on 3rd Street East in North Vancouver.The address is 304 Kennard Ave (3rd St. E). Basically right next door to Home Depot @ Park & Tilford

Sells Pinaud range, JM Fraser & Boosters.

Strolling down the West 10th Avenue, I spotted Royall colognes in Michael McBride store. They also have a bunch of Jack Black products.

Michael McBride Menswear, 4426 West 10th. Ave, Vancouver

Last edited:
Top Bottom