What's new

Mergress Setting

What setting do you use with your Mergress?

• My setting changes with my mood

Results are only viewable after voting.
I just bought one of these bad boys off the B/S/T, and I was wondering what setting everyone shaves at with their Mergress.

Start at a 3 for WTG
Then 2 for XTG
Then 1 for ATG

Why have an adjustable if you're not going to adjust it?

J

Jarmo P

Not really, looks quite normal distribution.
The mean being currently:
(1*1+1.5*2+2*6+2.5*4+3*5+3.5*1+4*1)/20 = 2.425

So it is quite interesting that people on average use 2.4 as their setting.
I use with normal blades about 2.8 but with Feathers I use about 1.9 setting.

Add up all the percentages - the total is way over 100%. Plus the tally currently says "voters - 16". When you add up the respondents for each individual reply, it comes to 22.

J

Jarmo P

Add up all the percentages - the total is way over 100%. Plus the tally currently says "voters - 16". When you add up the respondents for each individual reply, it comes to 22.

Yes I see now what you mean. Something is wrong with those statistics.

You're absolutely right! What the heck happened?

Although I think that it might have something to do with the fact that I allowed people to choose multiple settings, knowing that many people have a range they generally stay in. For instance, there could be only 18 voters, but those 18 voters represent 26 different selections because a few chose more than one.

I don't see how this would affect the percentages, though...

J

Jarmo P

Well I think you did allow the right amount of selection choices anyways, cause from bar graphs the distribution can be clearly seen.
Progress/Mergress can be allowed even a larger gap that that 5, but as is seen now, people don't dial it as high.

I like the results with an initial WTG pass on 2 and a XG with about a 3.5
Done with Persona blades.
I got my Progress back as a Mergress now. Shave's the same, but the sink appeal is many times better.

Before reading this post I never thought to adjust the setting between passes. :bored: I'll be giving this a try next shave. Thanks for the idea, guys!

I go 5 WTG/XTG to 4 ATG, so 4.5 is my answer..

Seems a bit high, but I don't seem to get a good shave otherwise.
-\Visdom

I am a newb but started with a Progress/Mergress. I had been using a fixed setting to learn technique but today I did my first 2.5, 2.0, 1.0 for 3 passes. Only light touch up was needed for a BBS, Derby blade. Seemed to give me no irritation in contrast with 4 passes at a setting of 1.5. Time will tell, but I like what I got today.
Larry

With Derby blades I need to set it to 3 or 3.5

With P&G (Gillettes) and Feathers I set it to 2.5 for all passes.

Top Bottom