What's new

Favorite Soap?

Just out of curiosity, what is your absolute favorite shaving soap? (Scent and brand, of course) Why?

I haven't tried too many non-glycerin soaps, but I think my favorite thus far is Tabac, based on its amazing performance.

I've only used two shaving soaps, both QED, the Fresh Lime and Vetiver. I can't choose one over the either. Two favorites :D

Tabac is my baseline soap. What I mean by that is, it is the soap I use to judge the performance of every other soap I purchase. It is the one soap I would own if the soap gods said I could only have one soap. BUT favorite soap right now is SCS Savoy Rose. Very good latherability, for me, with a refined single note rose scent I love.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
TABAC. (Although newly acquired Trumpers Rose has amazed me and is a VERY close second.... If TABAC is a "10"....Trumpers Rose is a "9.75")

Tabac is my baseline soap. What I mean by that is, it is the soap I use to judge the performance of every other soap I purchase. It is the one soap I would own if the soap gods said I could only have one soap.

QFT (Quote For Truth)

I am having a fling with da Fat lately, and the Valobra stick is getting luv too.

Also playing 'superlather' with Prorasso and Susie's Bubbles non-fragrance.

So many combinations, so little time....

Tabac is my baseline soap. What I mean by that is, it is the soap I use to judge the performance of every other soap I purchase. It is the one soap I would own if the soap gods said I could only have one soap. BUT favorite soap right now is SCS Savoy Rose. Very good latherability, for me, with a refined single note rose scent I love.

At this point in time, I agree ... Tabac is my baseline and if stranded on a desert island with only one soap it would be Tabac. This is tough for me to say because I am a really big fan of glycerin soaps ... HBS, MB, QED, good lord even VDH orange.

Currently it is a tie between these two.

T&H Luxury Shaving Soap
Trumpers Rose Soap

Both give excellent shaves and I enjoy the scents of each as well. T&H just smells like a basic french milled soap to me but for some reason I have always liked that smell. It reminds me of being really clean or something. I find it comforting and relaxing. I also love rose scents and the Trumpers is a light version that I never tire of. Mike is correct about this being a good one.

I really enjoy T&H Luxury soap. Very nice subtle lavender scent, excellent lather.

Lately I've been adding a small dab of CF lavender cream when I use this soap and the resulting superlather is to die for. :thumbup:

At the moment...
TGQ Cavendish Black and Savon de Comte (Just unbelievable soaps from Colleen!!!)

and Pre de Provence.

Floris Elite for me... Though I've never actually tried Tabac... Guess I'm gonna have to get a puck sometime soon...

Palmolive Shave Stick for the performance (srs), Mama Bear's Green Irish Tweed Type for the scent.

Top Bottom