What's new

The Official Guide to Israeli Made DE Blades

Good Morning Guys,

So After a long investigation and information given by my sources here is what I have found.

1. There are 3 types of Red Personna Blades. The 3 come from different places and all have different looks. But there is a newer design for 1 of them which is the current one sold from old stock.

a. The first one is the Red Pack from Egypt which was not produced in a large quantity and ASR discontinued that item a few years ago. The box was design differently and the blades had the same wrapping paper as the Lord Blades. The blade which was used for this was this model was the Lord Platinum. This was the beginning of the Red Pack Personna.
I have included a picture which should be the first one. (Pictures in Order)

b. After ASR and Lord Departed ways, ASR made kept the same package and but replaced the blade which is the popular one. Again, this blade is not from Israel but actually from ASR themselves. The blades are sent to Mexico and Package there and then back to US, there could be many other plants but I don't currently know. I am also told that there are some blades which are designed in Israel and made there, but the stainless steel comes from Verona. Here is the next one. #2

c. The third one is the well known package which everyone knows as RED Pack IP. Again, this is the same Blade but Package was Redesign to the current Look. Now this was the blade and package standard for a few years. I am not sure the origin but like the #2, the stainless steel comes from US sent to Israel and Packaged in Mexico and sent back to US.
Here is the picture #3

2. So, I mention that there will be a new design. No one has seen this before and it is what I call a "For your eyes only" :). JEJEJE:w00t::tongue_sm

The package has changed and now with the Personna Letters which actually belong to personna ( it has the word Platinum) and on the main package it does contain ASR 1875. It does say NEW/NUEVO/NOVO on the package and it even has an UPC code on it. I may say that this looks much better and attractive. Blades are currently sold to Latin America, Middle East and US. Guys! Enjoy and let me know what you think of the information.

3. I must also appologize for making people so affraid, it was not my intention. I am doing this for information and origin to post the right info. I have to thank all the guys who exchanged samples as this gave me more info towards this result.

Thank you guys and have a great day!

Dark!

I´ve seen 2 of those 3 designs,
the first is the oldest one, top left pictures, i got them from a chinese bazar, they are horrible, rough and shaving with them was unpleasent,
the other ones i´ve tried the upper right ones, which are my favorite,

now, you are missing the 4th package design, which is like this,
proxy.php

proxy.php

Aevum,

Where are those sold? I still haven't seen those yet. I haven't had a chance to see it in person yet. Does anyone know the origin of that one? I guess i missed that one...

Thank you for your input!

Dark

You can get them here:

http://www.rasurpur.de/shop/shop.html

This is a german dealer. To see these Personnas you need to klick on "Rasierhobel und Klingen" and then scroll down the page. Click on the Personna-dispenser pic at the bottom of the page to enlarge.

There are also chinese blades out there as seen here
proxy.php

and here

proxy.php

These chinese blades are double wrapped, fixed with four little spots of glue in their wrapper and for me they perform a little superior compared to any other red personnas I have tried.

Here are also chinese Personnas, note the difference between the left and the right package:

http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/1jjw-1-jpg.html

You can see the red outher wrapper and the white inner wrapper on this pic.

i picked up a 200 pack, comes in a blue and white pillar, picked them up in a barber supply shop in a mall here in madrid, 19 euros for 200 blades,

You know I tried the Red Personnas in the sampler pack and really liked them. However, the question about their origin still keeps on coming up and I just can't get my head round, buying them in bulk if I don't know where they come from. Maybe my thought process is simple, but why wouldn't someone just turn around and say, yeah they are manufactured by XXXX and distributed by YYYY and we are one of the re-distributors.

It's one of those, that if they can be sourced, then someone should know definitively where they are made. I just have the thought that if we don't know where they are made how can we be sure about their quality control etc.

Surely, it shouldn't be that hard for the retailers to ask their suppliers to tell us what factory and company made them? Someone has to be sourcing them from the factory.

Anyway, I suppose I've said my bit and I better try those Dorcos and Derbys again, those were the other two in the sample pack that I liked.

You know I tried the Red Personnas in the sampler pack and really liked them. However, the question about their origin still keeps on coming up and I just can't get my head round, buying them in bulk if I don't know where they come from. Maybe my thought process is simple, but why wouldn't someone just turn around and say, yeah they are manufactured by XXXX and distributed by YYYY and we are one of the re-distributors.

It's one of those, that if they can be sourced, then someone should know definitively where they are made. I just have the thought that if we don't know where they are made how can we be sure about their quality control etc.

Surely, it shouldn't be that hard for the retailers to ask their suppliers to tell us what factory and company made them? Someone has to be sourcing them from the factory.

Anyway, I suppose I've said my bit and I better try those Dorcos and Derbys again, those were the other two in the sample pack that I liked.

It's been said many times, but here it is again. They're made by the American Safety Razor plant in Israel. They're packaged in Mexico. They're imported to the US, probably "grey" market, which is why ASR in the US doesn't want to claim them.

There are also chinese blades out there as seen here
:drool: They came in as a sampler (added by the online retailer) to my Merkur Progress. Aside from the mighty feathers these are my all time favorite. Just bought a cheap 100 pack for 8,90€ (plus 2,5€ shipping).

It's been said many times, but here it is again. They're made by the American Safety Razor plant in Israel. They're packaged in Mexico. They're imported to the US, probably "grey" market, which is why ASR in the US doesn't want to claim them.

Thanks LetterK,

I'm sorry I must have missed the information that you presented here.

This makes perfect sense and is something that I have seen with other companies and grey items.

Thanks again for re-stating this information. I will be trying the Red Personna's again and will not hesitate to buy them if they become my go to blade.

Rav.

:drool: They came in as a sampler (added by the online retailer) to my Merkur Progress. Aside from the mighty feathers these are my all time favorite. Just bought a cheap 100 pack for 8,90€ (plus 2,5€ shipping).

I got them toot and these are my favourite!!!:thumbup:

Hello Guys,

I want to wish you guys a Merry Christmas and hope you get all your wishes come true.

So I thought I had finished my investigation, but I have to add one more thing!

I presented to you the new design of the red pack personna, but actually that would be the old design for Latin America for 2007!. The 2008 is now what I see to be the 2008-2009 design. It has the official personna USA logo and this blades do say: Blades Made in Israel. My though is that the steel belongs to ASR and then sent to Israel then back to US Finished. These are the Official Red Packs for US 2008-2009.

Box Design was actually changed a little bit and made a few adjustments. This new box lacks a UPC code and has both designs on each side.

I will now be carrying and distribute the new 2008-2009 Stock. Thank you guys for your constant support and Merry Christmas!:w00t:

See Pictures Below:

Thanks for the review of the Israli blades John; as a Brit I regulary shop in Tesco and was only looking at their DE blades the other day and wondering who makes them and what they are like. Now I know; I shall pick up a pack with my next grocery shop.

Cheers, Rousey

Aevum

As far as i know Dorco doesn't make Tesco Blades. Those come from Personna and they are the ones that come in bulk of 250, I called them barber blades. But they are personna and they are sharp.

Dark

I have not thought about Personna blades in a while since the Americans and the IPs gave me the same mediocre performance in my SS. I now have a Fatboy and I have discovered that the American Ps are fantastic used in this device. So, this brings me back a few years ago when it seemed to me that the American Personnas, IPs, ASR Walmarts, CV's, Albertson's or whatever ASR performed the same given that they are identified as platinum chrome or platinum or chromium. My question: Is there absolute proof that these blades made in different countries are made to different specs? Or, are these really the same blades (same specs) made in different countries, but in different packaging?

Top Bottom