What's new

TGQ Sampler

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I ordered the TGQ sampler pack for 15.95 back on March 10th. The sampler pack consists of a choice of 5 soaps and 2 creams. When I received the sampler I made a conscious decision that I would work my way through the samples without straying. Well, I strayed maybe twice. Aside from that, I have been working through these samples everyday. I ordered the following samples:

SOAPS:

Bay Rum with Sweet Orange - still using. I will purchase a full puck. So far I have had 7 shaves from the sample. It should be done tomorrow.

Orange Patchouli - 6 shaves from the sample.

Sandalwood, Provence Lavender and Desert Ironwood are still waiting in the wings.

CREAMS:

Creme de Campagne - 4 shaves. Great scent. Great efficacy. Will obtain a pot of this one.

Highlander - still waiting to test drive.

Along with her sample pack, Mrs. Hurley includes an instruction page about how to maximize her soaps and creams lathering capabilities.

I find her soaps to lather exceptionally well, the scents are prominent, but not overpowering.

The one cream that I used so far performed beautifully.

The sample pack has already provided 17 three-pass shaves. And that was after using only 3 samples. Therefore, with 3 soaps left and 1 cream, the remainder of the sampler pack should provide me with approximately another 25 shaves bringing this sampler pack to a total of 42 or so shaves for the total cost of $15.95. A per shave cost of approximately 38 cents. Not only is this sampler pack a great value, but it provides you with enough product to really use these samples for awhile to see if you really enjoy them.

If you are considering trying products from TGQ, I would highly recommend ordering their sampler pack.

(I did not receive any free samples in return for this commentary nor am I affiliated in any way with TGQ.)

Desert ironwood and Oak and moss are two of my favourite soaps. Ever. I ordered a sample pack myself and with mailing to the UK only came in at 20 bucks. Very reasonable and a very good way to try out these products indeed

Has anyone tried that TGQ Cavendish?? How does that one smell and work?? :001_rolle

It has a scent similar to a very nicely blended aromatic Black Cavendish pipe tobacco. It's got a bit of sweetness and possibly vanilla, with some darker notes of smoke to even things out. Medium scented, and an excellent performer.
This is definitely worth a look as a unique offering.
Hope that helps,
Martin

I have the Cavendish, Leatherneck, Oak Moss and Highlander creams. The Cavendish is my absolutely favorite cream I've used to date. Ever since I was a boy I've loved that scent and her's is amazing. Great blend of vanilla, almond, chocolate and brandy (or something similar) along with subtle tobacco and smoke scents. That might not all be there, but it certainly reminds me off all of it. I love the stuff. I find myself catching whiffs of it throughout the day and it always brings a smile to my face.

The Oak Moss and Highlander are close behind the Cavendish. I've not used the Leatherneck yet, but not sure it will be a favorite scent just on a quick scent.

TGQ creams perform excellently also. I highly recommend them.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Wait till you try the Desert Ironwood, you will buy a full puck as well.

Desert Ironwood is definitely a keeper!

Randy

You were both correct. I am just about finished with the Desert Ironwood sample soap (tomorrow will be the ninth shave with the sample and most likely it will be done.)

Which one next? Lavender or Sandalwood soap or Highlander cream?

TGQ makes some of the best glycerine-based soaps around - they are just loaded with good stuff and they smell great too.

On top of everything, Colleen is a wonderful person to deal with.

Thanks for the info, guys. What are the dimensions of the sample pucks? I'm trying to get an idea of what size mug or container would work with these.
Also, is this the 1 oz. size she also sells elsewhere on her website?

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Thanks for the info, guys. What are the dimensions of the sample pucks? I'm trying to get an idea of what size mug or container would work with these.
Also, is this the 1 oz. size she also sells elsewhere on her website?

These are definitely smaller. I have been using them in my Ayars bowl. The one pictured in the Ayars bowl is an almost depleted sample of the Desert Ironwood.

Here ya go Norm. The puck being measured is an unused Provence Lavender sample. :smile:

Top Bottom