What's new

Acquisitions May 5 - 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went home over lunch to open this box, and take some pictures. Unfortunately no time to eat after I was done admiring. I figured I would not hijack this weeks acquisition thread, I have a few pictures, and will be adding a lot more. The title razor booty is because I feel like a pirate diving in to his treasure today. I have been in a bit of trouble for my RAD this week, maybe this will help explain why, but how do you pass up a haul like this? You don't. Some surprises in the haul: the 58 TV, from his tiny picture of the lot I thought it was a standard FT. The Ranger Tech, yippee! I was also pleasantly surprised by the general condition of the collection.

open and empty the contents of the box, these were wrapped together in grocery bags and bubble wrap

The lot

close up, see the TV and ranger tech? :)

The gentleman who sold these to me is a guy I met at an antique show, I got talking about what I was looking for and he perked up, telling me he collected for a long time, but had not touched them in a decade. i asked him to send me a picture. He had no computer, but his son, in another town did. Between the two of them and myself we managed to work it all out. He is happy, and I am ecstatic.

He was clear that he got these all to shave with, and was not going to put time in to cleaning them, so that is my next job, but really I am impressed, I was expecting worse.

To appease SWMBO my multiples are for sale, but I am not going to actively pursue that right away. If you see something you want let me know.

I'd love to have a box of the spoilers for a ladies Gillete case I have. An amazing catch my friend. I keep hoping to find one like it.

That is a sweet haul. There are one or 2 of your multiples I would be interested in but at the moment I am on a tight budget as of this week so no ADs for me

Can I assume from the thread title that you'll be burying said booty?

If so, I've got some prime real estate right here. *cough* :biggrin:

Can I assume from the thread title that you'll be burying said booty?

If so, I've got some prime real estate right here. *cough* :biggrin:

They're mine!!! ALL MINE!!! HU HU HA HAHA :biggrin: Yeah, I got them. Couldn't pass them up. I have almost all of them clean now, sold a couple duplicates, still having a hard time stopping my self from buying more. :redface:

Nice stuff, but still one of the more disturbing titles to a thread I've seen lately. Even if I had one I'm not so sure I would brag about it.

A D4 Gillette SuperSpeed razor, which I have shined and polished, picked up for shipping only from a member on another forum. Shaved with it this morning and it shaves like a dream!

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

More coming in this week, will post when they've arrived. My AD has begun!

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Thanks to Jim (Redbike) I once again have a correct "Birthday" Fat Boy
First Quarter 1961 Gillette 1-9 Adjustable Safety Razor
It arrived in excellent clean condition (Thanks JIM!!!) and thanks for the very reasonable transaction price!!!
I did apply some Testor's Black Enamel Paint to the recessed Adjustment Numbers and you can see how bright they came out in the photo.

Looking forward to shaving with this one tomorrow!

Schick Injector that I picked up this morning at an antique store for $10. Leather case, red interior.

and a Gillette Slim Adjustable, H-4 that I acquired for $5 at a vintage store.

oh, and the mug in the background for $0.99 at Goodwill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom