What's new

Pottery Shaving Scuttle from Virginia

Hi Julie,

I'm tempted to volunteer as a prototype tester as well, though I have to admit that I've already commissioned a local potter to create her own version of a scuttle based upon the designs of the Moss, Georgetown, and Kentucky scuttles. Links to information can be found here and here (warning - "competing" shave site link!), though for some reason I can't access the thread that showed the Kentucky version now. It appears to have been deleted. The thread started by 60CycleHum at 10:45 on 03/08/08 is linked here if the thread can ever be accessed again. Shame it can't be seen. The pics of this design were nice.

Good luck. I look forward to seeing how your designs turn out.

Regards,

- Mark (S-4-C)

I don't know where you are in Virginia, but if you ever think about selling your scuttles through stores, try this one in Charlottesville, VA. They're just about to move into a much bigger space in Charlottesville and they also do a very thriving online business (though they aren't mentioned often on this board),. Once you got the design down it might be worth trying to get them to carry your shaving scuttles.

I don't know where you are in Virginia, but if you ever think about selling your scuttles through stores, try this one in Charlottesville, VA. They're just about to move into a much bigger space in Charlottesville and they also do a very thriving online business (though they aren't mentioned often on this board),. Once you got the design down it might be worth trying to get them to carry your shaving scuttles.
Why did I never know about this before? Next time I head back down to Mr. Jefferson's University I may have to swing by.

I'll be there this coming week and look forward to it. Wineries, Beecroft and Bull, London's, etc.

BTW, for those who do not know King George is in the northern neck of VA, near Dahlgren. Beautiful area and still pretty country. I get through there pretty regularly on my way to southern Maryland.

Top Bottom