What's new

Help with an adjustable please.

Just won 5 razors on the redneck stock exchange (ebay), a super speed, a tech (I think), a long handled Black adjustable, a slim adjustable and a plastic handled Gillette from the 70's.

They have all cleaned up great, but I have found that the slim adjustable seems to be either broken or jammed. The adjustable mechanism only moves between 1 and 3 and it jams up good and solid just before the '4' marker.:angry:

I'ts been soaked in oil all day, cleaned, polished and for the past 10 minutes I have been jetting WD40 down the head and into the adjuster ring hoping to dislodge some dirt.

Needless to say it hasn't worked. Can this be fixed? Is there a way to dismantle these razors? or is it a 'throw it in the bin and chalk it up to experience' moment?

Cheers

Jules

I've heard to use lighter fluid and squirt it down into the middle until the black gunk all comes out. I've not tried this, but have read it could help.

Take a jeweler screwdriver or other small tool and press the small tab above the adjusting ring while turning the ring back and forth. if that doesn't work try soaking in vinegar, the barrels of these razors can get filled with shaving soap which can harden to the consistency of concrete. Keep working at it and it will eventually break free. These razor can't disassemble without special tools, the bottom retaining nut is crimped on.

Top Bottom