What's new

Who makes the nicest tall brush stands...

The PILS stand allows the fork to be widened for the Chubby...you'll have to hang it where the knot meets the handle since the wide girth of the chubby does not allow enough of the fork to wrap around it for a secure hold.

This Dovo stand on the right is very good, rock solid and can house comfortably the Chubby 2.

I think it comes in two versions, one with a small and the other with a wide 'neck' especially for large knot brushes like the aforementioned Simpson model.

Can't remember where I've seen it, I think it was ClassicShaving or WCS for about $80 but you'd have to confirm that as last time I looked it was months back to be honest.

proxy.php

We have a vendor that does custom acrylic stands. I've never dealt with him or his products. I just use tool organization clips on the doors of my cologne cupboard and the stand that came with one of my brushes. Last time I was at a DIY shop, I was trying to figure out how to make curtain rings work into a usable brush stand. Black chrome brush stand? Yes, please.

You are quite correct Sunburst. Ssilcox is the member that owns a web-site http://cuttingedgerazors.com/ ...a fair number of members own his acrylic stands. They are reasonably priced and well made as acrylic stands go. I've had one that was sent to me by a member, it felt sturdy and was stable when loaded with my DE and brush. He's got different configurations available and you can PM him if you have a custom one in mind. He should also be able to cut it for whatever sized knot you are planning to store on the stand.

I had the opposite problem. I have a 20mm brush with a turned, thin handle.

Star Shaving imports brushes from China and has a very decent, high brush stand for only $8.00.

http://shop.starshaving.com/Chrome-Metal-Shave-Stand-0016.htm?categoryId=-1

I found it very easy to bend the top inward (pliers) to hold my thin brush and then to bend them back when I decided to use it on a "regular" brush. The base is heavy and it's very solid and high.

For 8 bucks, you don't have a lot to lose.

Top Bottom