What's new

Incoming!

I pushed the button on this one recently after searching high and low (without success) for a Chubby 1 in 2-Band Super. It is my first Simpson's brush in Super 3-Band and I'm looking forward to testing her out later.

proxy.php

Congrats! It's a great brush - soft, luxurious, creamy. Nice, big face feel. Whips up tons of lather.

Simpson Chubby range is really getting a lot of press around here lately.

I'm really tempted to try a Chubby 1. I only have 2 concerns.

1. I've yet to find a brush I like that is over 20mm.

2. The more expensive a brush is the less I seem to like it.

I'm really tempted to try a Chubby 1. I only have 2 concerns.

1. I've yet to find a brush I like that is over 20mm.

2. The more expensive a brush is the less I seem to like it.

I hear ya. I sold a Rooney 1/2 because it was too big and soft. The cost went into the silvertip hair.

You've got a Berk? The CH1 isn't really much bigger. The extra knot size is just so they can stuff more hair in there. I ummed and ahhed for a while but the CH1 is a good size without getting too big.

THe Berk has more give nad faster flowthrough, but the CH will give a bigger massage

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I have that brush and love it, David. :001_wub: I am waiting for your thoughts, my friend. :001_smile

I hear ya. I sold a Rooney 1/2 because it was too big and soft. The cost went into the silvertip hair.

You've got a Berk? The CH1 isn't really much bigger. The extra knot size is just so they can stuff more hair in there. I ummed and ahhed for a while but the CH1 is a good size without getting too big.

THe Berk has more give nad faster flowthrough, but the CH will give a bigger massage

I've heard a lot of the same from people with both. I would say there are strong odds I will get a Chubby 1 in the nearish future. After I stock up on creams maybe. Or maybe before. Or, if I'm lucky, at the same time.

Nice brush David!:thumbup:

I would have gone for a two band (I really like the stiffer hair) but very nice, none the less.

Enjoy!

Ken

Thanks for the kind words gentlemen. She certainly is a lovely brush and I am impressed by my first experience with Simpson's 3-Band Super hair. Tips are cloud-soft and the brush retains good backbone by virtue of it's density. A very different experience to 2-Band hair and to be honest, I don't know if I would want to have 3-Band hair in a larger knot or with more loft than this one.
I will come back when I try her out again tomorrow morning.

Congratulations, David. I look forward to your thoughts on this one. It is a gorgeous brush!

I really wanted a Chubby 1, but wanted the 2-Band and could only find that in a Chubby 2. I'm anxious to try out my baby, but definitely want to hear how you like this one...

I had a second shave with my new Chubby1 this morning and it performed beautifully again. Still of the opinion that I wouldn't want to go to a larger knot or more loft in this hair grade but this one does a great job.

Chubby2 in 2-Band with Chubby1 in 3-Band

proxy.php

As I use more of my brushes in the next couple of weeks, I will try to add more thoughts and comparisons to this thread.

The differences between 2-Band and 3-Band hair as I see it are:
- 2 Band is a much more sturdy hair and has considerably more backbone while tapering to a fine tip
- 3 Band is packed more densely but the individual hairs are finer and have very soft tips
- in these Simpson brushes, the two different hair grades are made into knots in different shapes with the 2-Band being more "bulb-shaped" and the 3-Band being more of a "fan-shape".
- performance-wise I believe that they are both great but I think that 2-Band is better suited to me (a face-lathering soap shaver) because the knot tends to bloom less and therefore maintains a "normal-sized" feel on the face. I am happy with the Chubby1 in 3-Band but I would also like to try this size in 2-Band.

A size comparison:

proxy.php

Great comparison, David. I especially like the close up of the two Chubbies.

Thanks for the notes on the 3-band hair!

This thread is a painful reminder.....

I picked up a 2 Band Chubby 1 a year ago. Since I am a face lather, have small hands, and like stiff but soft bristles...I found my perfect brush...

Then I lost it while traveling a month ago. Painful for two reasons. 1) Can't find any out there these days. 2) Can't afford to buy another right now anyway.

I picked up a Semogoue 620 in the meantime and love it.....

Beautiful brush and very nice pictures. It sure is hard to tell the 3-band super from the best hair just from the pictures. The CH1 in Super is a nice complement the Duke, Eagle, and Classic.

Top Bottom