What's new

3rd International PIF (Mama Bear Soaps)

Time for my third PIF, and the last for a while. Just a week ago I got my first delivery of soaps from Mama Bear, but after a couple of days I had to realize that I am having an allergic reaction to some of the ingredients and I discussed it with Sue who agreed. My intent with the discussion was only to confirm what I might be reacting against, but while I was sleeping last night, Sue snuck in a compete return of what I paid for both shipping and the soaps without asking them to be returned.

It doesn't really feel right for me to accept a return when she definitely is not at fault, but I also would think it rude to decline a generous and honest offer. Instead I will use the refunded money and add some of my own to make a PIF of the soaps.

I could not help by trying them all and I think they are just amazing! If I dared I would keep the Iceburg Ice to myself to get a sniff from npw and then, but i do not trust myself to keep from using it. The lather and glide is great too, I feel quite sad that I cannot use them! I should add that it is not a serious reaction just a tight feeling and bit of redness to the skin, just enough to keep me form using them.

Conditions for this PIF:
- priority given to Non CONUS.
- more than 50 posts
- member less than 2 years
- never tried a soap from mama Bear - Ill trust you to be honest :)
- write if you prefer Lime Oil or Iceburg Ice

I will announce the winner on April 27, on the 29th I will move back from Taiwan to Hong Kong and will ship the soaps around May 2nd.

I (with the help of Sue) pay international shipping.

Last edited:
That is a gentleman's move!
:ouch1::ouch1::ouch1:

Turning a purchase turning out not what you expected into such a class PIF is truly excellent. And Lime is always tricky.

Good luck to the members who receive your PIF. Sue's soaps have always been a staple in the den for me, and I hold her and her products in very high regard.

Man.....this forum is just too generous.
I feel bad for participating in PIFs but i really want to try something other than proraso.

So i'll enter this one instead of the super speed one :D!

And i dont know if i prefer lime or iceburg ice..... which one would you recommend?

Edit: Alright ill put my preference down as iceburg ice like you say :)

Thanks for the chance

Last edited:
Man.....this forum is just too generous.
I feel bad for participating in PIFs but i really want to try something other than proraso.

So i'll enter this one instead of the super speed one :D!

And i dont know if i prefer lime or iceburg ice..... which one would you recommend?

Thanks for the chance

I put the Iceburg far above the Lime - if you like Proraso you would love Iceburg! (I am a Proraso fan myself)

I'd love to be considered. Browsed Sue's site so many times, but I get paralyzed when I start thinking about which of the hundred and some scents to get. With two to pick from, I'd prefer the Iceburg. Your generosity is appreciated.

I think I qualify, so may I join?

I'd like to try the Iceburg Ice by the sounds of it.

Yet again the generousity of this forums amazes.

Sorry if I'm being greedy here, but I would love to try Mama Bear's Lime Glycerin as well.. wanted to put in an order for 2 soaps the other day but shipping was quite high - I guess I will need to order at least 5 tubs to make it economical.

But THIS is a great way to try it out and see if it's awesome!

Thank you.

I'd love to be considered if I qualify. Haven't been a very active poster and have no idea how many posts I have.

Having moved to India last year I've not been able to try as many different products as I would have liked to (though the Indian creams are brilliant) so this would be a good opportunity to try something different.

Well i dont enter many pifs, but this soap is so hard to get over here, i am entering this one, very kind of you:thumbup1:

What a great PIF! I would like to be included, please!

- I live in Portugal, Europe (don't you know, we have a crysis here!:scared:);
- I have so much more than 50 posts... :blushing::001_rolle;
- I'm a member since August 2010:thumbup1:;
- I never tried a Mamma Bear's soap, they are impossible to find around here at a reasonable shipping cost;
- I would prefer Iceburg Ice, but the Lime Oil should be fine too. :001_smile

Thank you for your generosity!

You are very generous sir. This is a great PIF.
I would very much like to be considered in this great chance of trying out Sue's soap.
I like menthol but I'll go for the Lime.

Again, thanks for your generosity.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Great PIF. I almost want to lie and see if you don't notice my join date:001_smile
The Lime Oil is great, a close 3rd on my list of MB soaps. Of the 7 I've tried so far they're all almost tied.

Great PIF. I almost want to lie and see if you don't notice my join date:001_smile
The Lime Oil is great, a close 3rd on my list of MB soaps. Of the 7 I've tried so far they're all almost tied.

With 700+ posts I would have taken a second look at your date of joining. Now you mighty regret the long nights in the Clown House :lol:

Would be slim chance anyway since I will give priority to those outside CONUS who usually are excluded form PIFs and have to pay high shipping to try the soaps.

Please count me in, I have not tired Mama Bears and scrape in by a couple months on the < 2 years requirement.

A big :thumbup: for your generosity!

Edit: Forgot to mention I would like to try the lime

Last edited:

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
With 700+ posts I would have taken a second look at your date of joining. Now you mighty regret the long nights in the Clown House :lol:

Would be slim chance anyway since I will give priority to those outside CONUS who usually are excluded form PIFs and have to pay high shipping to try the soaps.

I don't spend any time in the clown house (true fact). I am a big MB fan and order something from her every 5-6 weeks. I wouldn't enter an MB PIF; I'd rather let someone who hasn't tried MB have a better chance.

Never have the chance to try Mama Bear. Please count me in, as I would love to be considered for the Lime Oil.

Thanks for your generosity!

Top Bottom