What's new

Shave stickifier

Here's how I cobble my soaps into sticks.

Step 1: Grate the soap into a bowl, add a few drops of water to aid adhesion

proxy.php

Step 2. loosely pack the soap shreds into a ~1" diameter tube/pipe

proxy.php

Step 3. Cap one end of the tube and plug the other with a bottle cap (to evenly distribute the load)

proxy.php

Step 4. Compress the soap, It's possible by hand, but i prefer using a clamp.

proxy.php

Step 5. Remove the cap and extrude the stick from the tube, 9 times out of 10, the last little bit will stick to the bottle cap. I just peel and stick this last little bit to the end it came off of and lightly smooth the edges.

proxy.php

Step 6. Wrap the stick in foil. tamp the ends down square-ish, and let set overnight to dry out the extra moisture

proxy.php

After that, peel off the top 1/2" and enjoy your favorite soap as a shave stuck :thumbup1:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I would advise not letting the neighbors see you doing this, or they may call Johnny Law on you (kind of looks like making pipe bombs).

Very clever!

I have decided to keep the original form of which ever soap I get. If it is in puck form, it will remain a puck, if stick form, it will remain a stick. I realised it really doesn't bother me using a puck or stick, its the performance [and scent] that counts for me.

Very clever!

I have decided to keep the original form of which ever soap I get. If it is in puck form, it will remain a puck, if stick form, it will remain a stick. I realised it really doesn't bother me using a puck or stick, its the performance [and scent] that counts for me.

Once again thinking the same thing. :001_smile

Very clever idea.

I spent yesterday afternoon grating 3 Palmolive EU sticks, with the intention of making one "regular" shave stick with an empty from WCS. I had great success doing this with an Arko stick -- watching a you tube presentation helped a lot.

But as I was packing the Palmolive shredded coconut into the stick -- base twisted to the top, working its way down -- I must have shoved the soap in too hard trying to pack it in good, and stripped the base off of the screw thingy.

So I got out my trusty BFH, smashed off the base, pried all the soap out, and put it in a bowl.

I think I need to seek out empties that are just the push-up kind, not the screw kind. And I think I need to wet the coconut a little for a smoother shove into the container.

Last edited:
Top Bottom