What's new

Feather blade factory Osaka shut down

I did not think of the implications of the earth quake. I'll bet alot of products we take for granted will be harder to get. I just got some feathers from an over sea's vendor really cheap. I wonder how long before the price goes up?

We spoke to Feather this morning and they said their factories were ok and business would not be effected.

I am praying for the people in Japan. Their calmness and composure is very impressive.

Last edited:
I worried more about the turmoil in Egypt (Lord blades) and Tunesia (Harissa) than about this. Japan is a country that can get things working again in no time. I just hope they have had the worst yet..

With the factory shut down in Osaka, are you going to stock up on Feather blades?

Just ordered a 30 pack.... yeah, good call....amazon is running out too....they only have a dozen of each, 100ct, 30 ct, single 10 pack...they're running out. It could be a long time before they're restocked!!! Next dozen people to order are the lucky ones......LOL

This post is not directed at anyone in particular. Please do not take offense.

I love feathers as much as anyone here. However, the country of Japan has suffered one of the worst natural disasters in modern history. In addition to the earthquake and tsunami, they are now facing a nuclear disaster.

I feel like talking about hoarding blades is trivializing a truly horrific event. Since Japan is on your mind, please feel free to donate to relief efforts by clicking the link below, or at a charity of your choice.

AMERICAN RED CROSS JAPAN DISASTER RELIEF

Last edited:
Second!

Buy blades if you need them, but please consider giving a bit to the Red Cross...they are thick on the ground here and doing a bang-up job. I see a lot more of the coverage than those outside Japan, and it's heartbreaking. There are 440,000 people in inadequate shelters and wet snow is now falling. And they are not bitching and complaining, they are giving up their places in food lines to old people and families with kids.

Last edited:
I hope the people of Japan can rise above this catastrophe as they have done before. They are a supremely talented and determined nation and the world is richer for contributions to civilization made by Japanese citizens (and their descendants in other countries).

This is beyond razor blades; a major segment of the world's economic and industrial structure has taken a severe body blow. Let us hope they can begin rebuilding quickly and regain peace and stability.

Thanks for the update, RazoRock.

Of course the disaster in Japan is about much more than product availability, but it's not odd that it might get viewed through a shaving lens on a shaving forum.

It's a shocking tragedy, so big that it's hard to know how to talk about it without trivializing it.

This post is not directed at anyone in particular. Please do not take offense.

I love feathers as much as anyone here. However, the county of Japan has suffered one of the worst natural disasters in modern history. In addition to the earthquake and tsunami, they are now facing a nuclear disaster.

I feel like talking about hoarding blades is trivializing a truly horrific event. Since Japan is on your mind, please feel free to donate to relief efforts by clicking the link below, or at a charity of your choice.

AMERICAN RED CROSS JAPAN DISASTER RELIEF

+1 Could not have said it better. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom