What's new

Shell cordovan

http://vimeo.com/4814754

Instead of me writing all day about the history, the how and where of Shell Cordovan, here is a video that tells all.

It starts out at the Horween Leather and ends up at Allen Edmonds.

here is more to read about Shell Cordovan from Nick Horween himself.

Enjoy......:thumbup1:

PS: if you like this...say something....even if it is just a +1...it will let me know that you appreciate it...and I will find and post more info like this....thank you...

Last edited:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Am I the only one who sees a pair of shell cordovan shoes and thinks, "How big of a strop could I make out of those?"

Am I the only one who sees a pair of shell cordovan shoes and thinks, "How big of a strop could I make out of those?"
Sure not, I'm with you!

Infact I saw this thread earlier & couldn't help myself thinking
"what a waste of good cordovan" :tongue_sm

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member

Get a pair of dress boots made from cordovan, to wear on trips. If you forget your travel strop, you can always use your boots. :thumbup1:

Yeah, I just watched the video and it renewed my desire to pick up a pair of shell cordovan shoes. Lets see how much money I have in the cushions of our couch at home!

Ordered a pair of Allen Edmonds Rutledge shoes Monday evening with a cordovan shell upgrade. :w00t:

Custom orders apparently have a 12 week lead time, so it's going to be a while :/

I hear so much about the Alden's that I would like to try a pair, but I have yet to find a pair in an a width, so it's AE for me. I have one pair of wingtips in shell cordovan that are pushing 25 years old an still look good. The original cordovan color has faded from the red tones to more on the brown side now. The other is a pair of chukka boots I got last year.

Top Bottom