What's new

Gyuvetche The Don's Style

Here is one of my favourite things to prepare in winter.
One thing to remember is that this dish could be done in many ways with different ingredients. Its one of those "put whatever you like" dishes.You can add and substract things per your likings.If you like mushrooms, then add some. You can use different sausage, pieces of beef, chicken or what not!This is the way i like it.

Ingredients:
Potatoes
Arabiata Sauce
Garlic
Bell Pepers
Kielbasa Smoked Sausage
Feta Cheese(Bulgarian, best feta cheese)
Eggs
Summer Rosemarry
Cherry Peppers or Chilli Pepper or anything else spicy
Little Ceramic Pot

proxy.php

Cut the poptatoes in thin strips(Easier and faster to cook)

proxy.php

Add the sauce to cover the potatoes

proxy.php

Put couple of cloves of garlic, your spicy peppers and sliced bell peppers on top.

proxy.php

Put the sausage and a thick slice of feta cheese and sprinkle the spice on top.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Cook in the oven between 350 an 400 for about an hour and half or until potatoes get done. This is how it looks so far.

proxy.php

Crack 2,3 eggs on top. I like eggs so i try to fit as many as i can on top. Cover the pot and leave in oven on slow heat until the eggs cook. Usually like 5 to 10 minutes.
proxy.php

Here is the final result. Enjoy!

proxy.php

Looks very cool and tasty. I will have to try a ceramic pot to try :)

It reminds me a bit about a georgian dish I once tasted. Need to do that again as well!

Looks very cool and tasty. I will have to try a ceramic pot to try :)

It reminds me a bit about a georgian dish I once tasted. Need to do that again as well!

Similar yes, you can find a bowl like that in an international market or i have even seen them in Chineese markets.

That looks absolutely unbelievable.

Thank You and enjoy!

My goodness that's a lot of food in one bowl! Looks great.

Thanks, i also like the minimalist approach. Feta cheese on bottom covered with tomatoes and tomato sauce and dip some bread in it, also very delicious!

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Don Barbiere:
As a CEC® (Certified Executive Chef®), your version of Bulgarian Gyuvetche looks simply awesome (I can smell of the aromas even now...and you're making my very hungry too). :thumbup:

"[It is the] innovator, experimenter, [and] missionary in bringing the gospel of good cooking to the home table." Craig Claiborne

First Class Cooking Don (your recipe is a 'keeper'),... Bon Appetit!!!

Christopher
proxy.php

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
^ Thank You kind Sir!
Don Barbiere:
Oh before I forget, and that reminds me that I had so pretty good Gyuvetche at a restuarant (forget the name now), in downtown Sofia many years back when I was in the Army during Operation Joint Guardian in Kosovo (they gave us 5 days R & R in Sofia...lovely place...had a blast). :lol1:

Christopher
proxy.php

I am glad you enjoyed your stay in Sofia,i went to college there as well and i loved it,also if you ever have a chance check the Black Sea,nice beaches and lots of fun for a reasonable price! :)

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
That looks awesome... Sounds like we need to transfer this one in Wiki
proxy.php

Did this tonight and my wife and 14 month old daughter send their thanks for a great dinner! Very easy to make and it turned out delicious. I didn't have enough tomato sauce so I added a layer of fresh tomatoes and also some red onion on the tomatoes. The herb sprinkled feta cheese was the best part for me and it blended with the rest of the ingredients perfectly.

Many thanks :thumbup1:

Did this tonight and my wife and 14 month old daughter send their thanks for a great dinner! Very easy to make and it turned out delicious. I didn't have enough tomato sauce so I added a layer of fresh tomatoes and also some red onion on the tomatoes. The herb sprinkled feta cheese was the best part for me and it blended with the rest of the ingredients perfectly.

Many thanks :thumbup1:

You are welcome,

Glad your family enjoyed it!

To me the flavour of feta with tomatoes is the best part as well!

Seen this a few weeks back & thought it loooked great but forgot about it.

Thanks for bumping it. Nice pics & clear instructions (something that is missing from some recipes on here)

Just put my 1st one in the oven, will let you know how it turns out.

Was really nice, pretty filling and great comfort food on a cool London day. Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
Top Bottom