What's new

Using SC in Tubs

How do you guys get the SC out of the tub? Do you dip the brush in it or scoop it out with something? I lather in a bowl, not on my face and I'm trying to figure out the best way to get the right amount without wasting any.

I just whip a wet brush around the tub once or twice and transfer the brush to my (warmed) mug where I create my lather. Seems to work for me.

finger, popsicle stick, swirl, teaspoon, nose, chopstick, usb stick, whatever you feel like using.

there's no right or wrong way to do it.

some guys don't like to swirl because they feel the wet brush will dilute the cream.

How do you guys get the SC out of the tub? Do you dip the brush in it or scoop it out with something? I lather in a bowl, not on my face and I'm trying to figure out the best way to get the right amount without wasting any.

I typically just stick my finger in and get some out, though I'll use a butterknife early on in case I want to sell it. If it's a hard cream (e.g., QCS or Cella), I'll swirl directly on the tub like a soap.

I have a plastic teaspoon which lives in my bathroom cabinet for this very purpose. The idea of using a brush doesn't bother me, but I have quite a few creams and soaps in rotation and any small thing that I can do to keep them all in good shape is worth it IMHO.

That was my concern with using the brush.

As long as your brush is damp and not dripping wet when you dip it into the tub, you should be fine. I've used the "dip and twist" method with my tub of TOBS Mr. Taylor, which is about a year old, and it is still very dense in composition.

As long as your brush is damp and not dripping wet when you dip it into the tub, you should be fine. I've used the "dip and twist" method with my tub of TOBS Mr. Taylor, which is about a year old, and it is still very dense in composition.

+1. Dip, swirl, right to my face. I've never had a cream get "soggy" from doing this.

I just take a damp brush, dip it in the tub, and do about a quarter to half a turn depending on the firmness of the cream. After a while you learn how much of a twist you need to get the appropriate amount for your shave.

finger, popsicle stick, swirl, teaspoon, nose, chopstick, usb stick, whatever you feel like using.

there's no right or wrong way to do it.

some guys don't like to swirl because they feel the wet brush will dilute the cream.

I see this being the case with some creams, but with the Cella I just got, it's more of a soft soap than a cream, so the brush works really well...plus, I face lather too...so taking out a dollop and wouldn't work for me. Unless of course I rubbed the SC on my face first, but I usually don't do that/

Last edited:
I made a little "snurdle dipper" out of a butter knife. Cut and bent until it fit my lather bowl just right.

Top Bottom