What's new

QED - Bathtub Gin Stick

Used a shave stick for the first time this week - what a great experience! I bought a couple from Charles at QED for travel use but was frankly a bit skeptical that I would be able to generate the same sort of lather that I do with regular soap.

Definitely wrong!

Bathtub Gin has a great, fresh scent with citrus undertones and a fantastic tingle on the skin when applied. After looking through Luc's tutorial, I simply got out of the shower, applied the soap for 30 seconds or so and after lightly squeezing my brush, began to work up a lather.

After about 20 seconds it just started piling up! More than enough for four passes and a decent squeeze for touch ups. The shave itself was very comfortable, with great cushion and I feel that the process of rubbing the stick to apply actually made for even better beard prep.

I am becoming a big fan of QED products both due to performance and scent and this certainly will remain a mainstay.

I am VERY impressed with QED soaps in general - great lather and fantastic assortment of scents. Plus they are very competitively priced.

I agree the sticks are a pleasant surprise vs. the tub and I look forward to trying other sticks to compare. In fact, I ordered some Speick and Volabra sticks today in fact as they seem mainstays within the wet shaving community.

As well as some QED Mocha Java, Grapefruit/Peppermint and Special 218! You guys are a terrible influence.

There are many sticks that are fantastic. In fact, some only come in stick form. Valobra, European Palmolive, Wilkinson, and Arko are just a few that are regulars in my rotation.

There are many sticks that are fantastic. In fact, some only come in stick form. Valobra, European Palmolive, Wilkinson, and Arko are just a few that are regulars in my rotation.
I very much looking forward to trying the Valobra in particular as it is one of those "mythic" products! Good tips on other brands.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
When I travel, I always pack a QED shave stick in the Dopp. I finished the Bathtub Gin last summer and I am currently using a stick of Lemon Cedarwood EO shave stick in my travel kit.

When I travel, I always pack a QED shave stick in the Dopp. I finished the Bathtub Gin last summer and I am currently using a stick of Lemon Cedarwood EO shave stick in my travel kit.
My wife loves the scent of the Bathtub Gin. She says it smells "really clean with a little lemon" and I enjoy the way it shaves as good or better than any soaps I currently have tried.

I have the Pine/Cedarwood soap which is really one of my favorites and can only imagine that the Lemon/Cedarwood is great as well!

Top Bottom