What's new

Help ID a Ball End Tech look alike

I tried to get clear shots of all sides. I've looked around and can't find anything like it. It looks like either a govt issue or knock off. I don't see any markings on it.

At some point I want to try it out. It appears to be brass with black worn down paint.

I could use some cleaning advice on this one too. Should I just clean it well and not worry about removing the remaining black paint?

The handle is Gillette but the head isn't. The handle could be either an Old Type, a NEW, or a Tech.

I have somewhere a DE that has that head and a hexagonal plain handle. It's some sort of cheapie issued to military, probably in WW2. Someone else was selling them on eBay by the 10-lot. If I can find a pic I'll post it.

Zumkopf - Thanks for the help. I think that answers both questions for me. So it's a franken razor.
I got a travel tech with it as well. I looked at the travel tech but couldn't imagine shaving with a handle that short. I'm thinking maybe this handle will fit the travel tech.
I'm also thinking the black paint issue is moot since it's worthless as a franken razor.

Zumkopf - Thanks for the help. I think that answers both questions for me. So it's a franken razor.
I got a travel tech with it as well. I looked at the travel tech but couldn't imagine shaving with a handle that short. I'm thinking maybe this handle will fit the travel tech.
I'm also thinking the black paint issue is moot since it's worthless as a franken razor.

AFAIK virtually all the three-piece Gillettes made since the mid-1920s have interchangeable handles. And the handle would be correct for at least some Techs anyway. Heck, it might BE a Tech handle.

Top Bottom