What's new

Please show me your SR storage

Hi,

I'm not looking for the boxes, drawers (or trunks :tongue_sm) that you house your collection in . I'm interested in how you manage the few favourite shavers that you keep close at hand in the bathroom. And where you put a razor to finish drying after you wipe it down.

I've seen the half moon shaped wire and wood holders that sit on the bathroom countertop, but they take a little more space than I can spare. Also, I would like to maintain air circulation around the blades, so I'd like to store them open (my house is a kid free zone). Rust happens real fast this close to the ocean.

I'm thinking of something I can make for myself and incorporate into a wall mounted unit along the lines of an old style medicine cabinet.

Any pics or ideas greatly appreciated. I will post my project when completed.

TIA,
Ian

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I like the fact that I can easily move them. If someone comes to visit, I can make them disappear in a blink...

I was thinking of getting a < $100 safe one day to keep them locked away from all my nephews and nieces...

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Well now we are getting into personal space. This little shelfing unit that came with our house that we bought 10 years ago is where a lot of my shave gear lives. Our house is a late 70's thing and I think there is yet another hole in the wall under the shelf were an intercom system has been roughed in. I have two razors that you may be able to see on the bottom of the shelf. No kids around so I lay them a bit open on there after shaving.

In the distance . . . well ok I take a sweater off or a tie and it ends up on my dresser top. The dress shoes are my new pair . . . bought in 1992 . . . I keep them shined and wore them three times last week. (Dack's).

In the forefront the soap containers are from Mama Bear . . . one has a puck of William's in it. Top shelf includes Booster Iced lime, Lilac Vegital, Booster Aquarius and Thayer's with Aloe. The Booster product and some JM Fraiser's (living behind the doors with another Mama Bear soap) was a B&B prise from the 2007 carnival. (these were very large containers . . . thanks B&B mods, Suzuki, and JohnnyGold)

Not sure if it shows . . . in the corner is a now ever present tube of Proraso.

Now if you are worried about my wife's space . . . don't . . .we have a two sink setup and hers is to the right . . . but golly I might have her beat with the number of containers I have going just now.

Thanks Alacrity, or M. Lafleur. for giving me a glimpse of your inner sanctum. That's a very handy little cabinet. That's about the scale I have in mind for my own project. I thought of an open area like that below, but without a shelf. That's where I would hang my brush and possibly my straight razors.

Your setup gives me more ideas. Thanks a lot.

Ian

Last edited:
My house is not kid free, but even if it was, I would be afraid to leave my razors in the bathroom due to spoting that quickly developed on my first couple of blades. I normally keep them in a box on top of a drawer chest in the bedroom closet.

I was thinking of getting a < $100 safe one day to keep them locked away from all my nephews and nieces...

Luc, you may want to consider a higher grade safe after your recent post. :w00t::lol:

I'm interested in how you manage the few favourite shavers that you keep close at hand in the bathroom.

proxy.php

I wrote a review of mine HERE.

Wow! Lots of good ideas here. I should have known that there's no such thing as "a few" razors :biggrin1: The magnet idea is very cool. I already use rare earth magnets for a number of things in the house and workshop. The 'Mug'o'Razors" looks too full - you need to send a few my way ;) I love the idea of rotating the two boxes with a week's full of shavers -- very classy and practical. I would absolutely need to put those boxes on rubber feet to prevent soaking them on my countertop. (Not to mention needing 10 more razors to fill them up!). And the leather razor roll is gorgeous.

Thanks to all for sharing their ideas. I'm going to sketch up a drawing of what I have in mind and throw it out there for your feedback.

It's great to see so many different solutions to one problem. You guys rock! :thumbup:

Cheers,
Ian

Hi,

I'm not looking for the boxes, drawers (or trunks :tongue_sm) that you house your collection in . I'm interested in how you manage the few favourite shavers that you keep close at hand in the bathroom. And where you put a razor to finish drying after you wipe it down.

I've seen the half moon shaped wire and wood holders that sit on the bathroom countertop, but they take a little more space than I can spare. Also, I would like to maintain air circulation around the blades, so I'd like to store them open (my house is a kid free zone). Rust happens real fast this close to the ocean.

I'm thinking of something I can make for myself and incorporate into a wall mounted unit along the lines of an old style medicine cabinet.

Any pics or ideas greatly appreciated. I will post my project when completed.

TIA,
Ian

Ian, thanks for asking the question...I've got a few ideas myself now after seeing some of these solutions. I realise now that just putting some slats in an old cigar box won't do them justice! :w00t:

I also got one of these barber's boxes from Tony Miller a few years ago. Not only are they functional and well made, they also look very classy. They are made of oak, with adjustable dividers for 20 razors, and brass hardware. Definitely worth it if you can track one down.

proxy.php

I don't store any of my razors in the bathroom. All of mine are stored in a dresser drawer in the bedroom. I have some in a 7 razor box and others are just in their individual boxes.

Top Bottom