What's new

Thumbs up for LarryAndro and his budget straight razor kits

I recently got the itch to see what straight razor shaving is all about. I have been thinking about it for a while but I just did not want to spend a "fortune" on the hardware, after all I joined the club to save money on blades...

Then I heard about our community member LarryAndro (http://www.whippeddog.com/) and his budget straight kits.

Larry is an awesome gentleman to deal with. He will talk with you on the phone, answer your email questions, etc. His work seems to be fantastic too, you can get a cute starter kit, like the one in the photo below for less than the price of many user grade DE razors.

I highly recommend you talk to LarryAndro if you're thinking of giving straight razor shaving a try!

I recently got the itch to see what straight razor shaving is all about. I have been thinking about it for a while but I just did not want to spend a "fortune" on the hardware, after all I joined the club to save money on blades...

Then I heard about our community member LarryAndro (http://www.whippeddog.com/) and his budget straight kits.

Larry is an awesome gentleman to deal with. He will talk with you on the phone, answer your email questions, etc. His work seems to be fantastic too, you can get a cute starter kit, like the one in the photo below for less than the price of many user grade DE razors.

I highly recommend you talk to LarryAndro if you're thinking of giving straight razor shaving a try!

+10.

Larry is a good man.

You can't go wrong with one of LarryAndro's budget razors. If you are a newbie thinking of getting into str8 razor shaving or just looking to add another razor to your rotation as I did but don't want to spend a ton of money Larry's shave ready razors are well worth considering. No need to strop the first time, just lather up your face and shave, his edges are that good and he's a good guy to deal with.

BTW, Thanks Larry! That Frederick Reynolds I bought from you is one fine razor, now I have two favorite razors in my rotation.

Last edited:
SirWhiskers, thanks! Kind words indeed...

Everyone, the picture is of a razor, piece of leather for stropping, and a lapped part of a barbers hone that has been lapped smooth. Not pretty. But, you can try straights without breaking the bank. And, have a quality shave experience while doing it!

(Commercial over.)

Yes.....kudos to Larry.
He has given me heaps of str8 advice with no bull, and no hard sell pressure.

I am just about to buy a lapped hone from him for about $23 shipped, how good is that!!!!

Cheers

I also just purchased a strait from Larry. He was very patient and explained a lot of things! My strait should be here this week, and I can't wait to try it. I will most definitely be recommending Larry to my brother and friends for there first strait purchase. Heck, I already got my eye on two others on his site. :thumbup:

Here's another endorsement for Larry from another happy customer and recipient of his generous advice and encouragement. :thumbup:

SirWhiskers, thanks! Kind words indeed...

Everyone, the picture is of a razor, piece of leather for stropping, and a lapped part of a barbers hone that has been lapped smooth. Not pretty. But, you can try straights without breaking the bank. And, have a quality shave experience while doing it!

(Commercial over.)

&#%%$!!! I'm just now getting into DE shaving and now you're making me want to try straight shaving. Fine, you win. Can you shoot me a PM sometime with details on what I need and instructions?

Agree here too, they ain't the cleanest, they ain't the shiniest, but they certainly ain't the most expensive either.

A good way to dip your toe in without spending too much.

He's just one big enabler !!!! :001_tt2:

Last edited:
Gotta say - LarryAndro answers questions wholeheartedly regardless of whether you buy from him or not.

It's refreshing to see see a feller who understands budget needs at a level of quality usually associated with more $$.

Props to my home state boy. :thumbup:

+1000! I'm awaiting my first two razors from Larry these days. He's a really great guy to deal with, has a great patience and is very fast. I can't recommend him more... Bye, I'm going to check my mail box :biggrin1:.

Larry just might be the biggest enabler of all big enablers in here.

You start out buying a razor from him & before you know it, put a second mortgage on the house, let the kids starve & end up trawling every corner of the Net for a mint W&B 10/8 with custom Dodo-bone scales, thats been honed by a 122 year old japanese man, who uses nothing but stones from a quarry that only existed for three months back in 1632...

But still, despite his resemblance to the kid who sells pot to his classmates (who ends up being full-fledged junkies because of it) he is on helluva guy!

Thanks for your work Larry!
And I too can vouch for the quality of the edge he puts on his blades. SHARP!

I really enjoy the fun and banter on B&B threads. For some reason, I am enjoying this thread a tad big more than usual... :)

This LarryAndro guy is the worst. He sold me a shave ready razor for $33 that is actually shave ready, a piece of leather with Crox, FeO and balsa for $11 for travel that works and is always available to answer questions. Simply terrible.

This LarryAndro guy is the worst. He sold me a shave ready razor for $33 that is actually shave ready, a piece of leather with Crox, FeO and balsa for $11 for travel that works and is always available to answer questions. Simply terrible.
Yeah, with prices like that, the guy must be absolutely wacko.

Top Bottom