What's new

What is YOUR day job?!

What best describes your day job? Or most related field?

• Student

• Education (e.g. teacher)

• Scientist (e.g. biologist, chemist)

• Medicine

• Real estate

• Retail

• Financial services (e.g. banker, CPA)

• Skilled trade

• Engineer/Technology

• Legal

• Service industry

• Retired/Golfing/On Vaction

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hi Fellas-

It really is a shame we all can't get paid for surfing the B&B, but it got me thinking... What is everybody's day job/vocation/career?

Just thought it would be cool to know!

The poll took a bit for me to write... but I am a finance professional that assists corporations and investment funds evaluate potential acquisitions.

I own a propitiatory vocational school, a small human resource company, and partner with a few friends in a transportation enterprises. I guess you would say I am in the business of education.

My contract says Band Director, but it's more like...

Parent
Disciplinarian
Psychologist
Janitor
Bookkeeper
Secretary
Fundraiser
Transportation Coordinator
Launderer
Instrument Repairman
Handyman
Furniture Mover
Storage Expert
Groundskeeper
Dishwasher
Professional Buyer
and finally, Musician

:a6::wacko:

I work as an analyst in quality control at a cement manufacturing facility. We make the gray stuff that makes your sidewalks get hard...

I voted the IT one, but I'm actually unemployed now. Got fired from my job in december as a Systems Administrator/Network dude. If any of you guys are hiring in the Bay Area and need a fellow shavegeek in your server room, let me know. :blushing:

14 years as a classroom teacher. Now an administrator in the curriculum department for the school district overseeing pre-K - 12th grade Social Studies. Official title is Social Studies Coordinator.

Plumbing and HVAC contractor, I don't care what you saw on 20/20, some of us are honest and hard working folks.:thumbup:

I am a customer rep for large oil companies, working in manufacturing of subsea equipment. I mostly deal with control systems, which do exactly as they sound and control the well head, and umbilicals. Umbilicals are basically built on the same concept of an umbilical cord. They are typically thermoplastic hoses and/or steel tubes used for chemical injection lines or high/low pressure lines for valve controls, and electrical cables used for power and for signal. As advances are being made, we are moving toward fiber optics, but they are still fairly cost prohibitive to be in such a harsh environment as the ocean floor.

Here is an example of an umbilical
proxy.php

This is a basic diagram of a subsea field. The umbilicals are the yellow lines that look like little ropes. They typically range from 4" to 8" in diameter, and are several miles long (the longest one I worked on was well over 100,000ft long)
proxy.php

Sorry to drone on. I'm a bit bored working nights with not much going on.

I am a customer rep for large oil companies, working in manufacturing of subsea equipment. I mostly deal with control systems, which do exactly as they sound and control the well head, and umbilicals. Umbilicals are basically built on the same concept of an umbilical cord. They are typically thermoplastic hoses and/or steel tubes used for chemical injection lines or high/low pressure lines for valve controls, and electrical cables used for power and for signal. As advances are being made, we are moving toward fiber optics, but they are still fairly cost prohibitive to be in such a harsh environment as the ocean floor.

Here is an example of an umbilical
proxy.php

This is a basic diagram of a subsea field. The umbilicals are the yellow lines that look like little ropes. They typically range from 4" to 8" in diameter, and are several miles long (the longest one I worked on was well over 100,000ft long)
proxy.php

Sorry to drone on. I'm a bit bored working nights with not much going on.

Do you find yourself quietly singing "Under the Sea" from the "Little Mermaid" soundtrack? Sorry, I had to ask.:biggrin1:

A roofer here. Nothing special

Never sell yourself short, thatcher of Saskatchewan. If you weren't needed, you would see wealthy men on their roofs with hammers in their hands and nails in their mouths. Instead they are content to complain about the price you charge to do the job they are unwilling, or unable to do. If you want to make money in this world, do something nobody else can do, or do something nobody wants to do.:thumbup1:

Top Bottom