What's new

Semogue 1305

After reading the posts here and on SMF, I pulled the trigger on a 1305 from Leon at Vintage Scents...

looking forward to a new boar brush in time for Christmas...:thumbup1:

Barry

I'm interested to see more pics of these in the wild...I only own Badgers at this point, but a Boar is a good alternative to a more expensive brush...I could see going with one of these in the near future to tame a more aggressive SBAD habit!

You may have seen this pic before, and I'm not the best photographer....

Regardless, here are my Boreal 976, Rooney 1/2 Super and Semogue 1305.

I got one in my last order from Shaving Essentials. I've only used it twice so far, but I'm having trouble making enough lather for 3 passes with it. The only boar brush I've been able to make enough lather with is my giant Omega 10098.

I got one in my last order from Shaving Essentials. I've only used it twice so far, but I'm having trouble making enough lather for 3 passes with it. The only boar brush I've been able to make enough lather with is my giant Omega 10098.

What soap are you using? I started with a boar brush (Vulfix) two years ago, and just bought a smaller Omega w/ a beech handle. I used the Omega this am with Palmolive soap, and got enough for a four pass shave. My old Vulfix boar made a decent lather, too.

I know that all boar brushes are not created equal, but maybe it the soap / cream / water (softness??) issue???

Hopefully my 1305 will be here next week, and I'll report back.

Barry

I'm interested to see more pics of these in the wild...I only own Badgers at this point, but a Boar is a good alternative to a more expensive brush...I could see going with one of these in the near future to tame a more aggressive SBAD habit!

Well here's mine, first lather ever after a soak /rinse/dry cycle.

My order took eleven calendar days to ship from Leon. I don't know if that's the exception or the rule. Working this into my rotation pronto as it appears to be quite capable of making lather and being comfortable on my ugly mug. :lol:

Mine arrived yesterday from John at Shaving Essentials. I soaked and lathered it twice yesterday, then shaved with it this morning. I'm clearly still in the break-in period, but I think that, for under $20, it's a great brush.

I had one of these, love the handle, but I found the knot a tad too long at 55mm.

The 1520 (and the other brushes with same knot/different handle) is rapidly becoming my favourite face latherer. :w00t:

John

My Semogue shipped Dec 1 2009 - I fear it is way-laid in the massive flow of christmas mail.

Portugal to Vancouver BC in at least 20 plus days! that's S U P E R S L O W by my calculations.... :mad3:

I had hoped to have it here for a Christmas shave....

Barry

V

VR6ofpain

I love my Semogue 1305. It basically is the reason I just ordered a Semogue LE 09.

proxy.php

Does the 1305 lather creams well? I'm trying not to buy anymore brushes but this seems a must have. I already have 2 Omega boars...

Does the 1305 lather creams well? I'm trying not to buy anymore brushes but this seems a must have. I already have 2 Omega boars...

Whether it does any better than the Omega Pro, I will leave to others because I'm still breaking in my Semogue 1305 (I think). If you're trying to not purchase any more brushes for the time being, I think you'd probably be better off not dropping $22 to find out.

I used it to lather a cream the other day, and it did fine. I don't think it's as good as my nice badger brush (B&B Essential 2008), but it's a good brush for $22.

Top Bottom