What's new

I love my moss scuttle

All I can say is if you do not have a moss scuttle you are missing out in some really great hot lather. I love this bowl it is the most well worth money I have spent on my shaving collection so far. Also I actually had no problem lathering in the moss scuttle with a crabtree and evelyn superbader brush. Still wondering why other people do.

Dino;

You are absolutely right about the scuttle. I have two, one like you show in the picture, and a smaller one in the Waterfall design. I haven't had any trouble using any size brush in one or the other, plus they add an unusual touch to the decor of the bathroom. One of the better additions to my shaving stuff in the past couple of years.

BobS

I still debate getting one... maybe after we move or redo the bathroom, there's just not really enough room for anything else right now.

Wish there was though :smile:

Dino,

Love that scuttle. I wish one was available from a local merchant in the Detroit area. Where did you get this one. It looks very nice.

Yup ! I've got a large Moss Scuttle in the waterfall pattern. I've had it now for about a year and I love it.
proxy.php

Cliff

i have a 30mm knot on my super badger silvertip brush. i need a scuttle big enough for it and to whip the lather. it seems silly to spend this kind of money and yet add a step to the process i.e. whip up lather in one and transfer it to the scuttle. what to do?

i have a 30mm knot on my super badger silvertip brush. i need a scuttle big enough for it and to whip the lather. it seems silly to spend this kind of money and yet add a step to the process i.e. whip up lather in one and transfer it to the scuttle. what to do?
My understanding is that Sara (the potter who makes the Moss Scuttle) can custom make them in a larger sizes. But I don't know for sure, that could just be scuttlebutt. . .

On a related note: what size Moss Scuttle would you suggest to partner with the 2006 B&B brush? I would like to make lather in the scuttle itself, so I am leaning toward the large. That said, some posts make it sound like the small scuttle works best for brushes with knots smaller than 25mm. Any suggestions?

That dipper is a great idea, and it can be put in the dishwasher as well! Not as traditional or pretty as the Moss, but I do wonder if the inside dimensions are large enough to be workable.

Top Bottom