What's new

Rooney Stubby Finest 1 VB

Gents,
I couldn't wait for Ambrose to post the pics, so I decided to take one for the team and got the Rooney Stubby Finest 1 from VB. And of course Jim isn't helping either :wink:.

This brush performs great, the density doesn't seem to affect the latherability at all using DRH Marlbrough. I only used it once so far, so far I am very happy with it.:biggrin:

Here are the pics:

Last edited:
Mine is on its way out to me today !!!!! Ill post pics later fellas im waiting on ups. Im excited about it very nice brush and great choice of soap harris marlborough is my favorite.

and here it is pre use

Attachments

• $IMG_1360.jpg
    $IMG_1360.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 691
Ive only used it once and I have to say it too is my current favorite. Very soft and super firm, a real beast with soaps. I over lathered with it the first time because I am used to a large brush. I was also very surprised how little soap is needed to build a great lather enough for all my passes with this guy. Im glad I got the size one with its very short loft of only 44mm this thing is a small beast I tell ya.

Ive felt the simpsons 2 band before I returned it. It was whiter at the tips it was soft and firm. Simpsons has turned me off from their poor craftsmanship and I also didnt find the knot anywhere near as dense as any rooney. Also the hair shape on the rooney is a more of a fan shape vs that new skinny bulb simpsons. The rooney is very dense and well crafted with a very nice symmetrical fan shape head. The hair is soft at the tips and firm at the shafts. Simpsons has nothing on rooney in my opinion.

To me this Rooney finest badger type looks identical to Simpsons two band super...cannot judge the loft/density etc.
Judging from my Rooney finest brushes their badger is exactly the same badger type ie identical to the recent Simpsons two band super.
Only the price is (immensely) different in favour of Simpsons.

To me this Rooney finest badger type looks identical to Simpsons two band super...cannot judge the loft/density etc.
Judging from my Rooney finest brushes their badger is exactly the same badger type ie identical to the recent Simpsons two band super.
Only the price is (immensely) different in favour of Simpsons.

Ive had the simpsons new 2 band at hand the only difference besides the cost is that simpsons 2 band hair is white and softer at the tips. The rooney finest is a creamy white a notable difference between them upclose. As far as density rooney out weighs the simpsons in that department from my experience with the 2 band. Over all if simpsons had impressed me with their quality they would be the better choice for the money.

I for one can't make up my mind, so I got both:cool:. Clearly, the Rooney Finest is in a league of their own. But I find so is the new Simpsons 2 band. I like my CH2 and Tulip 2 very much also. The loft on the simpsons can appear uneven, I don't know if they are really uneven, or it just appears that way sometimes, other times it looks even. VB will be carrying simpsons soon enough. BTW there are Rooney brushes with uneven loft too.

MasterP's and my brush are size 1, 44 loft 22 knot extra dense hand selected finest hair. Im really loving this brush its a little beast.

rooney finest bristle is just too stiff and unforgiving for me due to the density. the density is okay in the super grade b/c it's so soft (still difficult to lather IMO). But with finest hair, I find the density and the strength of the hairs to yield an uncomfortable lathering experience.

Simpsons super on the other hand is softer, but the hair appears to be identical, so i much prefer the simpsons due to its lack of density. it allows for easy and comfortable lathering, as opposed to its rooney counterpart.

therefore, i prefer simpsons in white badger (simpsons super or rooney finest) but rooney for super badger (simpsons calls it best badger) because i like the greater density of the rooney when it comes to that type of hair.

got it!?

Top Bottom